AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
23,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ordered the region 4 Troy DVD from ezydvd.com.au and it shipped. I knew it wasn't out in North America yet, but I thought it would be a week or two. I was surprised to see the release date for the Region 1 DVD to be Jan, 4, 2005! Isn't it usually the other way around? Region 1 comes out first (for US films) and then other regions lag behind? Van Helsing was the same way, but only a couple weeks. What's the rationale?

larry

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might want to know that both DVDs mentioned were released in region 3 (Asia) in Oct as well. Some of the Asian movies like Hero, was shown way back (about a year ago I think) with the DVDs out soon after.

·
Banned
5,823 Posts
I guess it depends on how well it does at the box office as to how quick each region releases a certain title, its possible region 1 will get more extra features as over 2 months is a long time gap between our regions, perhaps someone on the forum has more definitive answers.

·
23,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yaukee,

After I posted it occurred to me that some of the other regions may also have the DVD also, but I didn't bother to check. :)

The only other info I could find was somebody on MichaelDVD claiming Warner Bros had originally said Oct 19 release for R1.

larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.