AVS Forum banner

2721 - 2726 of 2726 Posts

·
Registered
27,684 Posts
Season 3 has some pretty big Easter eggs/callbacks to Season 1 so I would say watch Season 1 first...plus that season was pretty great with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in the lead roles
I can only recall one, where they mentioned the S-1 crime and the Detectives involved on a newscast that was playing in the police station. But it seemed to be kind of gratuitous as they didn't say anything else about it and it ended up having nothing to do with the S-3 crime or its aftermath. Seemed to me to be just an easter egg for the fans who saw S-1.

But I do agree that S-1 was great. The best of the three by far, IMO.

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
I can only recall one, where they mentioned the S-1 crime and the Detectives involved on a newscast that was playing in the police station. But it seemed to be kind of gratuitous as they didn't say anything else about it and it ended up having nothing to do with the S-3 crime or its aftermath. Seemed to me to be just an easter egg for the fans who saw S-1.

But I do agree that S-1 was great. The best of the three by far, IMO.
I'm hoping that the S3 Easter eggs were planted to set up Season 4 with McConaughey and Harrelson back to take on a new case (or maybe fully resolve the case from S1)...both actors have expressed a desire to re-visit the roles so Pizzolatto should make it happen

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
Nic Pizzolatto signs deal with FX (and re-teams with Matthew McConaughey for new series)

looks like Pizolatto has jumped ship from HBO to FX...True Detective creator and showrunner Nic Pizzolatto has signed a new overall deal with Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions, while his fellow True Detective collaborator Matthew McConaughey also signed a first-look deal with FX Productions...together, they’ll make 'Redeemer,' an hourlong drama series starring McConaughey and written by Pizzolatto, which has landed a script-to-series deal at FX...

Redeemer will center on a former minister-turned-dissolute security guard (McConaughey) who must confront his past while searching for a missing woman in Texas that leads him to a dangerous criminal conspiracy...Redeemer is based on Patrick Coleman’s debut novel 'The Churchgoer,' which was published in 2019...

https://deadline.com/2020/01/nic-pi...edeemer-tv-series-fx-fox-21-deals-1202839208/

I'm surprised one of the streaming services like Netflix or Apple didn't sign Pizzolatto

·
Premium Member
35,556 Posts
Nic Pizzolatto signs deal with FX (and re-teams with Matthew McConaughey for new series)

looks like Pizolatto has jumped ship from HBO to FX...True Detective creator and showrunner Nic Pizzolatto has signed a new overall deal with Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions, while his fellow True Detective collaborator Matthew McConaughey also signed a first-look deal with FX Productions...together, they’ll make 'Redeemer,' an hourlong drama series starring McConaughey and written by Pizzolatto, which has landed a script-to-series deal at FX...

Redeemer will center on a former minister-turned-dissolute security guard (McConaughey) who must confront his past while searching for a missing woman in Texas that leads him to a dangerous criminal conspiracy...Redeemer is based on Patrick Coleman’s debut novel 'The Churchgoer,' which was published in 2019...

https://deadline.com/2020/01/nic-pi...edeemer-tv-series-fx-fox-21-deals-1202839208/

I'm surprised one of the streaming services like Netflix or Apple didn't sign Pizzolatto
I'm going to guess that they probably did as I bet this show ends up on FX on Hulu instead of the regular FX cable channel.

·
Registered
8,641 Posts
Or maybe the conclusion is that Pizzolatto hasn't been able to recapture the acclaim and ratings of that first season of TD.

Though it should help to have McConaughey be starring in the show, he was in some high-profile movies around the time TD came out.

Who knows what kind of profile he will have as a show lead whenever this show comes out.

·
Registered
14,450 Posts

Nic Pizzolatto And Matthew McConaughey Reteam For ‘Redeemer’ Drama Series At FX; ‘True Detective’ Duo Ink FX Productions & Fox 21 TV Studios Deals

Matthew McConaughey Drama Series Redeemer, From True Detective Creator Nic Pizzolatto, Scrapped at FX

FX has pulled the plug on Redeemer, the in-the-works drama series that would have reunited True Detective auteur Nic Pizzolatto with Season 1 headliner Matthew McConaughey...according to THR, McConaughey dropped out of the project, prompting FX to scrap it altogether...

2721 - 2726 of 2726 Posts