AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in saying the A2 doesnt support it now, but will with a firmware update? when is that firmware update comming? I also own a PS3 and have been buying movies on BD when given a choice for the audio, but the PQ overall seems better on HD point being I dont want to buy BD when I can get PQ and AQ on one disc.

One last thing DD+ is just a better compression that standard DD correct? I can not tell a differance on my set up between DD and DD+ audio tracks, but PCM on BD is AMAZING!

If anyone cares

AVR Elite 82

Martin Logan towers and center

Klipsch Surounds

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
The A2 fully supports TrueHD. It's used on most recent Warner HD-DVD releases. It is the equivalent of PCM audio. Like PCM audio on the PS3, you can't experience it unless you are using HDMI.

You can't experience multichannel TrueHD or LPCM audio with an optical connection.

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv /forum/post/0

The A2 fully supports TrueHD. It's used on most recent Warner HD-DVD releases. It is the equivalent of PCM audio. Like PCM audio on the PS3, you can't experience it unless you are using HDMI.

You can't experience multichannel TrueHD or LPCM audio with an optical connection.

OT: You can experience it with the XA2 if you use the multichannel inputs (or HDMI).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.