AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a Panasonic BD10 review over at Trusted Reviews , and while the review isn't exactly glowing, it did give this little tid-bit:

Quote:
The DMP-BD10 does not support the lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio formats, though Panasonic will offer a firmware upgrade for Dolby TrueHD later this month.

The date of this review is January 19, 2007, so are we going to see a TrueHD update within the next few days? or possibly the beginning of February?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Only if Panasonic has told the reviewer something they haven't told the rest of us. They emailed customers saying it would be out in the spring, but it would be awesome if they got it done sooner than expected!

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Its possible... I read elsewhere that DTS-HD may not be ready for prime time yet. If thats true, it may have been holding everything back all along. With no signs of DTS-HD being ready in the near future, maybe Panasonic is going ahead with TRU for now?

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts
The review states that the player can output 1080p natively from the disc without de-interlacing, which is untrue. The player's HD decoder only outputs 1080i and then the National Semiconducter chip does the de-interlacing to 1080p. The only players with a direct 1080p output are the Pioneer, Sony and PS3 at this point.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering /forum/post/0

The review states that the player can output 1080p natively from the disc without de-interlacing, which is untrue. The player's HD decoder only outputs 1080i and then the National Semiconducter chip does the de-interlacing to 1080p. The only players with a direct 1080p output are the Pioneer, Sony and PS3 at this point.

Is it possible for the Panny's decoder to output 1080p natively thru FW?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering /forum/post/0

Can it output 1080p natively with firmware upgrade or is it hardware limitation?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.