AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Onkyo TX-SR606 today. I tried using Dark Knight and Indiana Jones to get TrueHD audio to the receiver to no avail.

Things I've already done:

Everything hooked up via HDMI 1.3 cables, I'm able to get DTS Master on Golden Compass, It's TrueHD that seems to be elusive.

On Blu-Ray:

Audio Options:

Digital Output: Bistream(audiophile)

PCM Downsampling: OFF

Dynamic Compression: OFF

What am I missing?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor1211 /forum/post/15443779

I remember when viewing Dark Knight I had to go into the setup within the movie to change it to TrueHD.

Hmmm, i couldn't even anywhere to change it. Dark Knight just starts without any sort of menu for me. I did check it off in Indiana Jones thought within the menu and it didn't help.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvon1981 /forum/post/15443794

Hmmm, i couldn't even anywhere to change it. Dark Knight just starts without any sort of menu for me. I did check it off in Indiana Jones thought within the menu and it didn't help.

Press the audio button on the remote. This will toggle through the various audio streams. When you see TrueHD stop pressing the audio button.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextoo /forum/post/15443805

Press the audio button on the remote. This will toggle through the various audio streams. When you see TrueHD stop pressing the audio button.

after some more googling i finally figured it out. for both the movies I listed you have to do just that. In dark knight i had to bring up the popup menu, go to languages and then select TrueHD.

I'm blown away at how much more dynamic the sound is compared to my old Yamaha Dolby Digital.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.