AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today, as we are speaking a repair man is fixing the tv, and when he opened it up, it was a toshiba tube, my tv wasnt working from day 1 heh

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
What happened to your TV? What went wrong?

At least you are covered by the standard 1 year on-site warranty plus another year off-site

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything!!! The progressive scan was screwed up, then after that the tube went dead, then after putting in a new chassis it worked again but the progressive scan is still screwed up...it is covered, they sent the repair man, but its still screwed up sigh

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You probably got a defective unit. You should ask Monivision to replace your monitor with another new one. I'm sure it is cheaper for Monivision to just give you a new one than to send a live person on-site to repair your defective unit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was testing minivision 32" and prinston 34" set and it worked excellent with RGB signals but 34" had some problems with MyHD card and component 720p input. If you can try it with RGB only even from computer just make sure it is 60Hz!!! 1042x768 or 1280x720 if you have powerstrep. My biggest complain is that they don't have black level retention. If you feed black signal it will be gray on display. Dark and low contrast images will be gray.

Artur.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by artur
I was testing minivision 32" and prinston 34" set and it worked excellent with RGB signals but 34" had some problems with MyHD card and component 720p input. If you can try it with RGB only even from computer just make sure it is 60Hz!!! 1042x768 or 1280x720 if you have powerstrep. My biggest complain is that they don't have black level retention. If you feed black signal it will be gray on display. Dark and low contrast images will be gray.

Artur.
My biggest complaint too! (on my 27" CTX/Monivision) What really pisses me off is the first one I had didn't have that problem, but when it quit they couldn't get anybody to work on it locally (so much for the in home service) so they replaced it with one a year newer; but this one's black level is all over the place depending on the signal.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yeah, I agree that Monivision's biggest flaw is in the black levels. . but you can use the AVIA DVD to adjust the contrast/brightness so that you can get the best black level possible.

·
Registered
320 Posts
AVIA DVD will not help black level retention, when you adjust good gray scale it looks good, but when you get image that is mostly black it will float to gray.

Artur.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It is problem specific to video amplifier circuits used, just have Sony 24" 16x10 monitor demo and it is absolutely rock solid with the finest corner resolution and geometry I have ever seen. I'm very disappointed with 32" Monivision that they using lousy video amplifier with such great design and specially fine CRT.

Artur

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.