Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comments?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Fiction

Every day you are bombarded with a full spectrum of radiation. From the microwave range through visible light and down through radio. Your cellphone outputs a higher level of energy than you controller does. Even the most highpower (unlicensed) 802.11wireless networking products are limited to 1 watt EIRP (including the antenna). For reference, most radio transmitters reach into the Kilowatt range.

(I work for a wireless communications manufacturer)

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
^^^

YEAH!!!

What Jigga said.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's not just power but also proximity. If you are concerned about it, just don't lay the controller directly on your junk.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If anything it is the HEAT from keeping your crotch covered up. Typical gamer position keeps the genitals confinded and possibly overheated (more from hands covering them and legspropped up, not heat from the controller itself). Increased temp has been linked to increased testicular cancer rate.

But really, testicular cancer is a disease with a peak in young men. Who are also gamers. True, true, and unrelated if you ask me.

·
Registered
287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperron /forum/post/14269850

It's not just power but also proximity. If you are concerned about it, just don't lay the controller directly on your junk.

A very valid point.

I would be extremely surprised if the controller output anything more than about 70mw of power. In fact, I could bring one to work and check it out on a spectrum analyzer. That would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Anything above the visible light spectrum will not be harmful (400nm and up) meaning microwaves, radiowaves, infrared, and up to the color Blue will not be harmful (can't penetrate skin). Below 400nm is where you get your UV rays, X-rays, gamma, and cosmic. Might wanna stay away from the latter 3.

·
Registered
228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperron /forum/post/14269850

Then how are you supposed to move both L and R while simultaneously pressing Y?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The only way you can lose your balls playing video games is if you actually turn it off when your wife/girlfriend tells you to!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
As other have mentioned, heat raises the risk for cancer. Thus sitting on the couch all day, with limited motion will be the risk factor (Cyclists for example have a high risk because of the tight fitting bike pants, and continuous friction between the legs causing heat).

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
This is the craziest thread Ive read in awhile. While cancer of any kind is no joking matter, I dont think anyone has to worry about their controller causing it unless they live their lives with the controller taped to their potato sack.

·
Banned
2,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio /forum/post/14270371

This is the craziest thread Ive read in awhile. While cancer of any kind is no joking matter, I dont think anyone has to worry about their controller causing it unless they live their lives with the controller taped to their potato sack.

There is no way to tell for sure. Some side effects don't show up for 30 years.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasyn /forum/post/14270302

I'd be more worried about your cell phone in your pocket and your laptop on your lap.

actually, you're not the first person i've heard say that, and i completely agree with you. and i'm not even talking about cancer, i'm talking about ED...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasyn /forum/post/14270981

Who is ED?

LMAO! erectile dysfunction...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts