AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance of this happening at CEDIA? Should we expect any advancements on the LED DLP front? Maybe double the lumens with 3D?

Even a wink would be good enough for me

The more I watch my Optoma 8200, the more I realize I'm a DLP guy. I just find the depth and pop of DLP hard to beat, and I'm hoping for an LED solution.

·
Registered
146 Posts
No Vango 2 :_(

From the Sim2 brochures handed out today:

Mico 160

"super Pure LED"

Lumens 1000

3d

>100,000:1 contrast ratio

Lumis electronics processing

compression, mosquito noise control and adv sharpness and texture detail enhancement

LAN control

Mico 150

same as above without compression, mosquito and sharpness enhancement

no lan

Mico 140

Pure LED ( 800 lumens)

3D on all lumis projectors including Uno

no fancy demo room on show floor. will talk to reps to see if any darkroom demo is available.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastle /forum/post/20924062

Mico 160

"super Pure LED"

Lumens 1000

3d

>100,000:1 contrast ratio

Lumis electronics processing

compression, mosquito noise control and adv sharpness and texture detail enhancement

LAN control

Mico 150

same as above without compression, mosquito and sharpness enhancement

no lan

Wow, 1000 lumens from an LED projector? Quite impressive...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is the Sim2 150/160 3 chip dlp design? Or is it singel chip still using pt120 driven "super hard" ?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
JP,

There is no reason to have a 3 chip LED as the LEDs are RGB. That would add a lot of money for very little payoff. I am not saying it can or should not be done on ultra high end machines, but at this time and light output levels there is no reason.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler /forum/post/20925640

JP,

There is no reason to have a 3 chip LED as the LEDs are RGB. That would add a lot of money for very little payoff. I am not saying it can or should not be done on ultra high end machines, but at this time and light output levels there is no reason.

Actually, given the relatively lower light outputs of LED machines, wouldn't a 3-chip design make more sense? This way all 3 LEDs could be driven simultaneously rather than sequentially, or more than one LED could be used per chip to boost light output? I'm sure projector designers have thought of this and there's some reason why it hasn't been done, but I'm just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
377 Posts
With a 3 chip design,it will be a litle brighter.But far from 3 times brighter,as one might think.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
HP,

I think you said it best. I am sure there are design limitations we do not know about. Also the pulsing is what makes current LED projectors look brighter than they are so a constant on with 3 chip may look the same... ie. brighter, but offset by not having the pulsing effect. Those too are just thoughts.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My point is.I hope the Mico/160 is more than pt120 LED´s driven to the edge..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
JP

As far as I know Luminus (Phlatlight) has not released any new chipsets, however, they be keeping quiet until after the projectors are released.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
The new Sims use the latest Phlat LEDs which are 30% brighter than the ones previously used. There are rumors of a Phlat competitor intoducing LEDs a year from now that will be 3 times brighter than last year's Phlats. Rumors. Nothing now.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/20927078

I heard ~ $25K mentioned for the Mico160, which seems unrealistic.

Interested in the 150 which [if you extrapolate the blurb];
Quote:
Mico 150

same as above[ie3d] without compression, mosquito and sharpness enhancement

no lan

combines uniquely the 3d as well as led lighting for hopefully a lot less
I remember the mico 20 was mentioned 2 years ago ;hopefully its morphed into something reasonable

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mark,

Do you oknow if this is a new model i.e. PT-130 or is it the PT-120 chipset with new drivers or just able to drive them harder from the factory?

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.