AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer Elite Pro 98 RPTV. It has worked perfectly until this morning, and I like it a lot. But it is not HD, and I would definitely like to move to HD, but had been hoping to wait another year or so for prices to come down even more. Now I'm stuck trying to decide whether I'm throwing good money after bad by trying to have this fixed. Maybe one of you out there has seen this unusual (for me) symptom and would have an idea of how hard it would be to fix.

So here's what's wrong ... the upper two thirds of the picture are fine; the bottom third or so is black (missing the bottom third). Along the line where the good picture from the top meets the missing part on the bottom there is a narrow "band" where it almost looks like the bottom part of the pciture is being squeezed into a half-inch strip or so. Maybe that's just my imagination. But there's definitely something weird going on along that narrow band.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be the matter and whether I should invest in fixing it, or bite the bullet and use this as an excuse to move to a new HD tv.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I pray for my pro 98 to die, but, it just keeps purring along. That is one nice TV.

If mine broke, I would not fix it because I want to change over to 16:9 HD. I am not sure what I would get in it's place since there are few TV's, even today, with a SD picture that can match that 98.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, perhaps I should have clarified that the reason this is a hard decision is that up until this morning when it "broke" the picture was as good as I've seen on a non-HD set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.