AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just bought a hdmi-to-component. Its named- CablesToBuy 5 FT ( 1.5 m ) HDMI to 5 RCA Component Video + Stereo Audio AV Cable- Please look at the pic attached.

Will this work. I have a hdmi port on my laptop but not on my tv, so thats why i got this.

Please help...

· Registered
7,918 Posts
Component is analog, HDMI is digital, you need more then just a simple cable to attach the two together. Typically cables like the one you purchased are made for projectors that have outputs that can output multiple things over one connector.

Only thing you can try is an HD Fury and you won't find much here about them due to the nature of what it does.

· Registered
7,918 Posts
Nope, not with the cable you have.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww, but thanks alot. can u help me another way. Hd fury is really expensive and i need something cheap. I have a hdmi and vga port on my computer. And on my tv i have s video, component, and rca. Please suggest any cord or converter. Please something cheap. Thanks!

· Registered
5,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny1234 /forum/post/16857673

Aww, but thanks alot. can u help me another way. Hd fury is really expensive and i need something cheap. I have a hdmi and vga port on my computer. And on my tv i have s video, component, and rca. Please suggest any cord or converter. Please something cheap. Thanks!

Sorry - there isn't a "CHEAP" way to make your PC and TV talk to each other.

You might try www.svideo.com and see about finding a VGA to component converter.

· Registered
5,020 Posts
I'm taking HDMI to a DVI-D input port on a Samsung LCD monitor - works fine. If I had a long enough cable - I could do the DVI-D from PC to HDMI (TV).

· Registered
5,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny1234 /forum/post/16858057

How about DVI-D to vga? Are you sure that DVI-D to hdmi will work. Please explain because i dont want to waste monney. Thanks.

It's when you want to convert from analog to digital (or vice versa) that it gets expensive. Analog to analog or digital to digital isn't nearly as expensive.

· Registered
5,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny1234 /forum/post/16858083

NO i have a DVI-D port on my tv and and hdmi and vga port on my PC. So wat cord do i use.

So buy a cable that converts DVI-D to HDMI. it will work. Digital video on DVI-D and HDMI are the same signals, just which wire gets which is the tricky part - and fortunately - you don't have to think about it - the work has been done for you.

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny1234 /forum/post/16858217

i have on my tv is DVI-D Dual-Link and pc is hdmi. Will this work... http://www.amazon.com/Eforcity-Black...129567&sr=1-17

Yes it should, but to be sure, you need to confirm that your TV is capable of displaying PC video formats/resolutions, or your PC graphics card can be set up for the video format/resolution the TV will display. Video formats/resolutions and PC formats/resolutions are different, but most TV's with HDMI input can also display PC formats.

What is the brand and model number of the TV?

· Registered
16,749 Posts
You don't need dual link standard single link is fine since most likely your TV will not accept a resolution higher then 1080p/60 which is what dual link is for so don't waste you money on a dual link cable.

In fact you would be better off just getting a HDMI to DVI adapter and a HDMI cable so that when you do have a TV with HDMI inputs you can just dispose of the adapter

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.