AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the lcd scene after moving on to college and leaving my home projector behind. The tv would be in a fairly small room. The two models I am looking at are the

Olevia 532H LCD HDTV Specs

Vizio VX32L HDTV
Specs

Just share your opinions on either the specs or brands/personal experiences. I am also open to other tvs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
well I havent' seen either of these TV's in person. My friend just got the 42" version of the Vizio your looking at, I have to say I was very suprised at the quality of Vizio's TV's. I've bought a few other "budget" Tv's for my office (a polaroid and a westinghouse) I like the Westy the best (1080P, we use it as a TV and also as a 2nd computer monitor) but the vizio is pretty close (minus the 1080P obviously).

I'm looking for a 32" TV myself and I'm looking at Olevia (westinghouse doesn't have a 32 in that price range, and I can't fit anything bigger)

I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest. only thing I don't know is how each company support is. I've read mixed reviews on olevia's support (some said it was great, others said it was bad). I know nothing about vizio's support.

make sure to report back on which one you went with and how you liked it.

(also Olevia has a 332H model that seems to be identical to the 532H except the 532 has a built in tuner (which doesn't matter to me, I'll be using a DVR cable box) so you can save yourself 100 bucks or so if you go without the tuner.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a 232v, returned it for the Vizio VX32l and couldn't be any happier. The quality of Vizio just seems so much better and picture was much better as well. If you can afford it, go for Vizio or Westinghouse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.