AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seting up a new room system (~21X14) mainly used for movie watching with a pioneer elite pro920. I am choosing between a systme with polk audio lsi7b polk audio lsicb, polk audio psw404b, polk audio lc60i

or a system with b&W DM601, speakercraft in ceiling center and rear speakers, aim

B&W asw.

any advice or suggestions woudl be welcom

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
sundance44,

Is there a reason why you're considering only Polk, B&W, and Speakercraft? There are other competitive players in this market (Paradigm, Onix Rocket, Axiom, NHT, RBH, others) and you could read about & listen to them before making a final decision.

I've owned a pair of B&W 602 S2s, and they were decent fronts. I've kept them as my mains for a family room TV setup, but switched to Vandersteen for my media room. I enjoy the imaging and sound quality of Vandys, and I appreciate the fact that they are still designed/serviced in the U.S.

Good luck, and have fun with your research :)

- Steve O.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main reason for these two set ups is that I have a quote from two different stores (tweeter vs, local store) to build the system, the price is basically the same and the choices were these two speaker systems (along with choice between a yamaha rxv657 or integra dtr5.5)

while i am researching and listening, the choices are overwhelming and just looking for people with prior experience with either system. THe other big difference is the no interest financing for 1.5 years vs. paying everything by install time.

thanks for listening

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ask both stores on how much discount you can receive for buying a bunch of stuff (push for at least 5%-10%)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.