AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

After very many frustrating (and confusing) hours, I thought to post my question here and hope that I can get some advice from the resident experts!

I've been using an old Panasonic SD60 camera, which I love, and is still serving me well. However as I moved to doing different projects I realised there are some features I'd need that I didn't consider before.

Could anyone give me some ideas of a camcorder with the following features? Then I could follow up with my own research. Thanks!

Features
1. External microphone jack for use with a lavalier (I'm using the AT3350)
2. Remote control so I can control when I'm shooting Youtube videos
3. Optical Zoom at least 20x and up
4. Image stabilization

Thanks and best regards!

Renman

·
Registered
533 Posts
Most consumer camcorders in the mid to upper range have these features.
My camera, a Panasonic HC-V 750 (now last years model) has an external mic socket. ( I use electret condenser mics - some work directly without the additional battery)
Remote control using Wi-Fi or NFC with an App on my Smartphone. The smartphone app gives control over recording stop/start and zoom plus providing a "viewfinder" picture.
20x optical zoom plus 50x Intelligent zoom plus 1500x max zoom, the limit is set in the camera.
Hybrid OIS using both mechanical and electronic stabilisation.

This years models have 4K recording and the ability to transmit a video from a smartphone to the camera.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts