AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY. I bought a HDMI blade, installed it and watched TV just fine. This was in 2005 and with Dish Network. I just moved and plugged it into a Comcast box through the same Denon receiver. Nothing. No sound, no picture. Any idea? Also, it keeps showing "Component" on Input 1. It used to say "HDMI" when i chose that input. Seems like a handshake issue possibly? I just don't know how to configure it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
92,611 Posts
It very well could be an HDMI handshake in which case you'll want to connect the Comcast (HDMI) directly to the TV with Comcast (Optical) to the 2807. However, check to make sure the HDMI1 input setting on the 2807 is properly set as the factory default is NONE (if the AVR was unplugged for more than a week, it's possible the settings were all returned to factory defaults). You may also want to try resetting the microprocessor (p. 42) as a last resort.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i did as you suggested and configured the receiver. It's a Motorola RNG 150N. When i use the S-Video connection with input 2 on the TV it works though the picture is not in HD. When i use input 1 and the HDMI cable i get no picture. In fact, when i'm on input one and i turn off the cable box I can't get the menu to appear, only when i use the S-video in input 2. Right now the YPbPr Output is selected to "Native". TV type says 16:9. It seems to me the cable box is working but the blade is not activated. I recently moved and I haven't been able to use the blade slot since I moved. Could it have been disabled? I can't get it to show a picture. I have used differen HDMI cables and hooked up my DVD directly. Thoughts on why the HDMI blade is longer transmitting a signal?

thanks

·
Banned
2,481 Posts
If you hook the box directly to the Panny with HDMI, do you get a picture & sound? Instead of setting to Native, try setting the box to 720p or 1080i to see what happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did that. still didn't work. It's like the TV isn't recognizing the HDMI input now for some reason.

·
Banned
2,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubs1919 /forum/post/21708641

i did that. still didn't work. It's like the TV isn't recognizing the HDMI input now for some reason.

I had that problem with the RNG100 that we had with Comcast. Even when they did the hit to the box, it still would not work with hdmi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts