AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I posted this question in another forum and someone told me I should do the same here. If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

I just bought a new HDTV (30" Panasonic) for my room and hooked it up. I have a HDTV box hooked up with Component Inputs and I hooked up my progressive scan dvd player to component inputs also. The picture is great but for some reason I feel like there's something more to do. I don't know if it's just the matter of detail that you see now but it appears as if some colors are a little "noisy", sort of like they have a little bit of static in them. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I set up the dvd player to progressive scan on a 16:9 tv so it appears as if all the settings are ok. I have the sharpness on the tv up pretty high (could that do it?). Anyways, if anyone has had any success setting up a hdtv then it would be greatly appreciated if you shared your knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Manny

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Yes, calibrate. But also realize that DVDs even with progressive scan aren't HD.

If you'd reveal the type of TV, we could direct you to the more appropriate forum for calibration how-to.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
You want the sharpness way down -- a lot of people say completely off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.