AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking around the forums trying to absorb as much information as possible hoping to make my decisions easier. I have just ordered a Samsung® 46'' 1080p LED TV and am trying to piece together a surround system now. I've narrowed my receiver down to the Denon 7.1-Channel 3D Home Theatre Receiver (AVR-1712) or the Denon 5.1 (AVR-1612).

My trouble is trying to find a set of speakers that will get me the most bang for my buck. I live in Canada so shopping around is more of a challenge. I've been looking at the Energy Take Classic II 5.1 system but its $800 dollars up here. I was wondering if it's still worth the money or am I better off with going with a different speaker package. I've was also wondering if it would be better to buy individual speakers but would have no idea where to start of what goes with what. The room is roughly 15x15 and has a ledge running along all the sides. I'd be willing to spend roughly $800 if I had to on speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.