AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've lurked here a while and read through a couple of threads about the Philips LCD's, and I'm needing to get some feedback.

I've been looking at the 32PF9630A/37 and the 32PF7320A/37. The main differences that I've noticed are that the 9630 has Pixel Plus 2 and a 12 ms response time, and the 7320 doesn't have Pixel Plus 2 but it has an 8 ms response time. Would having the Pixel Plus 2 outweigh the extra response time or is the 4 ms difference nothing I'd really notice, and is the 9630 worth the additional $350?

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm also looking at the Sharp LC32DA5U as well as the Philips. I'm leaning more toward the 9630, if I'm going with a Philips.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opeth_fan
Hi all, I've lurked here a while and read through a couple of threads about the Philips LCD's, and I'm needing to get some feedback.

I've been looking at the 32PF9630A/37 and the 32PF7320A/37. The main differences that I've noticed are that the 9630 has Pixel Plus 2 and a 12 ms response time, and the 7320 doesn't have Pixel Plus 2 but it has an 8 ms response time. Would having the Pixel Plus 2 outweigh the extra response time or is the 4 ms difference nothing I'd really notice, and is the 9630 worth the additional $350?

Thanks in advance for any info. :)
It is my opinion that the different response times are insignificant. I've owned two Philips LCD's with different response times, and I couldn't see any difference when watching the same movies on either TV.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you found a brick and mortar store that has the newer philips model? I'd like to see it in action since I assume it will be even better than the older model.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the 7320 and am thinking of getting the 9630 if the blacks are better.. I like everything about the 7320 but the blacks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.