AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is something which seems a good deal for polk speakers on bestbuy/amazon I wonder if the following would be a good 5.1 setup

CS10

T15 for rear and front surround

PSW110

this would cost me about $305, how does that compare to a 5.1 system like rc-micro or any other polk for that price?

would that work to pair with either a 1611 or V567 which I`m still trying to make up my mind? Should I make any change for the surround speakers or would be good to have different rear and front surround speakers? Well I`m kinda dummy on audio stuff sorry for that many questions...

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 /forum/post/19640714

There is something which seems a good deal for polk speakers on bestbuy/amazon I wonder if the following would be a good 5.1 setup

CS10

T15 for rear and front surround

PSW110

this would cost me about $305, how does that compare to a 5.1 system like rc-micro or any other polk for that price?

would that work to pair with either a 1611 or V567 which I`m still trying to make up my mind? Should I make any change for the surround speakers or would be good to have different rear and front surround speakers? Well I`m kinda dummy on audio stuff sorry for that many questions...

I just picked up the T15 for my front and rear speakers. For the price they are very good. BB has them for half off this week. They will be a good entry level speaker.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the CS10. It's designed for the TSI series. I have four TSI100's and I love them, and highly recommend to anyone with the $$. I bought the TSI100's retail for ~$400 from BB. You may be able to find them on ebay for cheaper...

The sub depends on your budget.. if you can afford a good one now, get it. If you can't, wait until you can...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the tsi is a little bit expensive for my budget, I`d like to keep it under $500 for speakers

-4 Polk Monitor 30 for fronts and surrounds 79.99 each pair (monitor40 is currently +$40 each pair)

-Polk CS10 center channel 79.99

-BIC F12 ~195

This would keep the 5.1 system budget under $500 which is kinda my budget for speakers. I`ve heard the CS1 matches the Monitor series, but CS10 is cheaper right now on sale...

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 /forum/post/0

the tsi is a little bit expensive for my budget, I`d like to keep it under $500 for speakers

-4 Polk Monitor 30 for fronts and surrounds 79.99 each pair (monitor40 is currently +$40 each pair)

-Polk CS10 center channel 79.99

-BIC F12 ~195

This would keep the 5.1 system budget under $500 which is kinda my budget for speakers. I`ve heard the CS1 matches the Monitor series, but CS10 is cheaper right now on sale...

That set will do the trick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
should I get CS1 center instead?

Is it worth to get the monitor40 for +40 at least for the front speakers?

forgot to say that will be using most of the time 70% for ps3 games, and the rest for movies and tv shows. I don`t wanna a very loud system I`d rather go with quality and good sound that something to shake my TV room!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:

should I get CS1 center instead?

Is it worth to get the monitor40 for +40 at least for the front speakers?

forgot to say that will be using most of the time 70% for ps3 games, and the rest for movies and tv shows. I don`t wanna a very loud system I`d rather go with quality and good sound that something to shake my TV room!

The cs10 and cs1 are pretty much exact same just different slightly different tweeter. They mesh well.

What's the size of you tv room? If big then get monitor 40s if not get 30s

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, so cs10 should match as good as the cs1 with the monitor series? well actually newegg has the cs1 for 62 which is cheaper! :)

It`s about 14x16. It`s a 3 wall room with an open side to kitchen and dinning room, carpet on the floor and windows in the opposite wall.

monitor40 in the front + monitor30 would have a better quality sound or just a higher/intense volume capability?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay... looks like I`m going with

2x pair of Monitor30

center cs1 (cheaper than cs10)

bic f12 or (maybe psw505 which is $15 bucks more)

Total cost will be about $430, from my research from a couple of days or 3 I won`t get any better around this price range! Is there any advantage getting a Polk sub instead of the BIC except for the looking match with polk speakers?

also, stupid question but I`m gonna ask anyway: Does that works fine with AVR-1611 or V567?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yesterday I`ve bought 2x pair of monitor30 and the cs1 center on newegg

I`m still looking for the sub, the bic f12 is ~190 on amazon which seems to be a good deal.

the only thing that I don`t like on it is the looking, its kinda ugly and since it`s not a dedicated TV room the looking is a little bit important at least for my wife! :-(

I know that the polk is worse than that and I`m really against paying 10 bucks more for something worse than I could get and still save 10 bucks

Would the polk PSW505 be a bad choice at all? or the fact is that the bic f12 is the best for the price range and polk is not as bad

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:

Yesterday I`ve bought 2x pair of monitor30 and the cs1 center on newegg

I`m still looking for the sub, the bic f12 is ~190 on amazon which seems to be a good deal.

the only thing that I don`t like on it is the looking, its kinda ugly and since it`s not a dedicated TV room the looking is a little bit important at least for my wife! :-(

I know that the polk is worse than that and I`m really against paying 10 bucks more for something worse than I could get and still save 10 bucks

Would the polk PSW505 be a bad choice at all? or the fact is that the bic f12 is the best for the price range and polk is not as bad

Check out the BIC H100 as well, or the BIC PL-200 ($270) if you can stretch the budget a little more.

I simply don't like -any- Polk sub below the $500 mark... And, even above that price, you'd find many better options for the $.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I`m all set with 2x pair of monitor30 a cs1 center and the BIC F12 sub. Right now I need to find the right cables to get these connected to the receiver which I`m not sure yet which one I`m gonna buy.

Can I just go to bestbuy and get the cables they have available or should I look for something more specific?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:

I`m all set with 2x pair of monitor30 a cs1 center and the BIC F12 sub. Right now I need to find the right cables to get these connected to the receiver which I`m not sure yet which one I`m gonna buy.

Can I just go to bestbuy and get the cables they have available or should I look for something more specific?

BB will rip you off but you can buy from there.... I get cables form radio shack or monoprice.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.