AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ben using my A3 for about a year with no problems. I had it hooked up to a Denon 987 with an optical cable because for whatever reason, I didn't think the Denons from that year did audio over HDMI. Well, yesterday I found out I was wrong of course.

I use component cables to the projector. The A3 manual says that it can output HDMI and component simutaneously.

So I ran the HDMI into the Denon and I'm getting audio. But now my projector no longer gets the video over component. The odd thing is that when I hit the menu, the menu screen DOES show up (so the connection is there), but when I hit 'play', the video doesn't show.

Any idea why that is?

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can run the HDMI from the Denon to the projector and get the video signal.

I was just hoping to make a direct connection with the components so that I could compare which I liked better.

I thought I noticed a bit of digital blur or something on a plain DVD when using HDMI. So I would like to compare that with the components.

I'm not sure why it's not letting me do that anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.