AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is now losing the signal (picture). Received the SW upgrade last week. When I tune to a Digital Channel and change to another Digital channel it loses the picture and sound. All Menus and Guides remain working. I have unplugged it Four times and it does its thing (reboots and re-acquire), I get a picture and then it loses it like I described above.

Anybody else- do I now have a defective box requiring repair by Samsung?

Dave

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cheridave
It is now losing the signal (picture). Received the SW upgrade last week. When I tune to a Digital Channel and change to another Digital channel it loses the picture and sound. All Menus and Guides remain working. I have unplugged it Four times and it does its thing (reboots and re-acquire), I get a picture and then it loses it like I described above.

Anybody else- do I now have a defective box requiring repair by Samsung?

Dave
I have exactly the same problem, but I've also seen it lock up when tuning a DirecTV local (say, going from 4-1 to LA13 from DirecTV). I exchanged my original box (bought a bit less than a month ago, the lock up problems started about 3 days ago) for a new one, took it home, plugged it in, registered it with DirecTV, and less than 30 minutes later had the same problem. I think this all has to do with a recent software update that seems to be disastrous. Hopefully Samsung knows about this and fixes the problem - quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it true that a newer "SW Upgrade" is coming out sometime this month?

Does anybody want to take a shot at what they think my issue is?

Luckily I have a Sony-HD200 that I am now using. I had just re-hooked up the Samsung last weekend and got the SW download. This box has approx. 300 hrs. usage- oh well.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.