AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post here heehee.

I have a question to ask all of u pros here. Recently I juz downloaded some .ts and .avi (H264) videos and I wan to play them with my DVD player and minimising the quality lost.

I'm currently having a LCD TV connected to my DVD player through HDMI.

My DVD player is able to play divx and xvid.

Can u guys tell me what is the best solution to go about playing the videos on my tv? Thanks a lot a lot. =)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Few if any players understand h264, which means you will probably have to transcode. In this case the easiest thing is probably Dr. DivX, just set the quality settings high enough that the only loss of quality is that which is inevitable through the transcoding process.

Alternately, find a way to hook a computer to your TV and play on the computer. - DR

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by modenaboi /forum/post/0

Hello, this is my first post here heehee.

I have a question to ask all of u pros here. Recently I juz downloaded some .ts and .avi (H264) videos and I wan to play them with my DVD player and minimising the quality lost.

I'm currently having a LCD TV connected to my DVD player through HDMI.

My DVD player is able to play divx and xvid.

Can u guys tell me what is the best solution to go about playing the videos on my tv? Thanks a lot a lot. =)

You need a player that supports those formats. Here is a search page with checkboxes for "AVC/H.264" and "MPEG2HD/TS": http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Or, as was said, you need to convert your files to a supported format.

-Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.