AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone found a demuxer that works with TS streams that allows one to select (say by default) substream info?

For example, right now ABC is broadcasting

Video 1 - 720p

Video 2 - 480i

Audio 1 - Ac3 5.1

Audio 2 - AC3 2.0

However, by default, the elecard demuxer is chosing VIDEO 2 as the default thus we don't get 720p but 480i on playback.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If you open the elcard demuxer in graph edit with a TS source file, you will see that it appears to see all of the streams. I was able to create graphs that from inside of graph edit worked when connecting the outputs to the appropriate renders.

Controlling which output is used outside of graph edit is another matter. Could one create graphs each of the streams, save them and use them in Zoomplayer?

·
Registered
353 Posts
VLC has it's own built in that will allow you to select the different streams within a .ts file. The problem with it is, if you edit out commercials like I do once it reaches the first cut point it loops back to the beginning of the file for some reason.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But you vcannot use VLC for encoding :) I need a demuxer tat would allow me to load the stream into WME

I am trying to build a Tivo like app to auto convery what is saved. MS has some nice develp tools now to do this (see TRP, cut commercial out, convert to VBR 1 pass)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sjchmura
But you vcannot use VLC for encoding :) I need a demuxer tat would allow me to load the stream into WME

I am trying to build a Tivo like app to auto convery what is saved. MS has some nice develp tools now to do this (see TRP, cut commercial out, convert to VBR 1 pass)
Cool. Keep us posted on your progress. I am going to start coding an app to manage files in my HDTV directory similar to TiVO - ie. programs to always keep, and programs to delete once watched etc etc. This will be done using girder's scripting language.

Mike

·
Registered
353 Posts
Doh! Sorry about that I thought you were simply trying to play the files back via software. Have you tried using HDTV2MPEG ver 1.09 to simply extract the stream you want into .mpg format and loading that into WME? That's what I do whenever I am going to encode something. Additionally with the Elecard demuxer you can set up a graph in graphedit that will allow you to choose which audio and video pid you want to use and then write seperate audio and video files in .mpg format.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. In graphedit - if I do that and save as a GRF file - it crashes WME

2. YOu know, I sleect what stream I wnat in HDTV2MPEG 1.10 and it still gives me BOTH streams. I want PID 11,14

·
Registered
353 Posts
Quote:
1. In graphedit - if I do that and save as a GRF file - it crashes WME

2. YOu know, I sleect what stream I wnat in HDTV2MPEG 1.10 and it still gives me BOTH streams. I want PID 11,14

First make sure you are using HDTV2MPEG version 1.09. The MPG conversion in 1.10 is broken, also make sure you are selecting mpeg 2 in the drop down "type" selection area.

To get a separate audio and video file using graphedit here is what i do.

Load your .ts file using File Source(Async) connect it to the Elecard Demuxer input pin, find out which stream you want I.E. Video 0, Video 1 etc same with the audio and then connect the Video pin you want to the filter Elecard Buffered File writer. A dialog box will open asking for a name and location to save the file I usually just name it Video.mpg, now do the same for the audio and then click the "Play" icon in the toolbar. The amount of time it takes varies based on the size of your file. When it is compete you will have two files, Audio.mpg and Video.mpg these can be loaded into Windows Media Encoder with no problems. I use this method for my local PBS station as their .ts streams are screwed up royally.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, however the AC3 stream is lost. So 5.1 AC3 is now converted to 2.0 MPEG :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, however the AC3 stream is lost. So 5.1 AC3 is now converted to 2.0 MPEG :(

Odd. The AC3 stream remains intact for me since with either method I posted it is simply extracting the program stream you selected from within the .ts file. Are you certain that the audio stream you selected was in fact 5.1 and that it is now 2.0? Does this occur with the graphedit method I posted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.