AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the off chance someone has a better system ...

Is tehre anything better/more reliable for HD TS playback then Elecard yet? It is so damn slow but works (at least for encoding)

I tried the demo of the Mainconcept Demuxer but never got that to connect with anything

·
Registered
108 Posts
Intervideo's WinDVD Creator software comes with a Demultiplexer that works with transport streams that I have had working well with the WinDVD video and audio decoders and Zplayer. However, I have just tried to get this working on a second system and have yet to get it functioning properly.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, seems like a common story. I thought the demuxer only works with 720x567 or less TS streams.

There is something magical when you play the TS stream through WinDVD - it works fine. However, as soon as you try and reg the filters it fails.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I use the Intervideo Demuxer with Intervideo decoders in Zoom Player for 1080i HD just fine. This combination even works well in Win98SE. The curious thing about the Intervideo Demuxer is that it plays transport streams fine, but studders when playing back HD that has been converted to program streams.

However, IMO the best performance software playback system so far is still DVHSTool.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Quote:
The curious thing about the Intervideo Demuxer is that it plays transport streams fine, but studders when playing back HD that has been converted to program streams.
Hmmm, maybe there is some timing or control info in the transport stream that is lost in conversion. Maybe what we really need is not a converter to program stream but instead something that strips out nulls and unneeded program streams and still leaves the data as a transport stream.

- Tom

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I have a bunch of WinDVD stuff (cam with my MB). I have a creator demuxer "intervideo SASEAM demux" and a regular.

Which ones EXCATLY can people get to work? ALso, can they open those with WinEncoder?

Btw - I guess Premier 7 does HD (if the TS loads in WME). You can edit and output to Divx, WMV, even edit AC3. You can edit vobs etc.

My University has the "educational" for $99. Seems like it might be worth it. My Microsoft list has people raving about it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'm using the one from WinDVD Creator. Some decoder filters won't interface with it but Intervideo's do (naturally). Don't know about WinEncoder.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Anyone who says they have a demux that "works fine" with .TS streams:

. Please test it with seek (skip forward, backward, ff, rew, slider, etc.)

. Please test it with various different broadcast channels.

I am able to use the ELECARD dmux with several Video filters, and work very well on certain broadcast channels. Other channels don't work properly and exhibit a wide variety of symptoms - no video, stuttering, slow mo, etc. Using SAGETV dmux I get different results. I have not had success with any other DMUX.

As far as DVHSTOOL, yes it works fine, but has no seek capabilities at all. The author admits he has not nuilt that into the DMUX.

Bob

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GaryHDTV,

Can you tell me that actualy filter names? I have so many I could register between WinDVD4 Gold and Creator I don't know.

Can you tell in Zoomplayer what is the NAME of the demuxer that has the higheest priority (under Intervideo of course). You will see 2 of thm

One

INtervideo xxx demuxer

The other

INtervideo Saseam?sp? Demuxer

Thbanks!!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still cannot get eh WinDVD 5 demuxer tro connect. Which one should I register

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GaryHDTV
Tom, you can do that with TSReader from coolstf.com or the old WinTV-D data capture application.
I tried it with some of my movies and it gives me a lot of "Continuity Errors".

Is there a way to fix them ?

To come back to the original subject, I have huge problems to read TS files perfectly. I think I tried all the filters available, changed every part of my PC and I still get lots of stutters :(

I don't think there is a link with the "Continuity Erros" because it stutters also on the files that don't have this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have a P4C 2.8, Asus P4C800-E, Radeon 9700 Pro, 512Mo, Win XP SP1.

For sure I have audio/video clocks problems... ReClock helps a bit on some movies, and makes it worse on others...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
bump

·
Registered
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sjchmura
I still cannot get eh WinDVD 5 demuxer tro connect. Which one should I register
There are at least 3 different InterVideo demuxers on my system. And I have had some success with each of them. Here is the rundown (I used the InterVideo Audio and Video decoders in all cases):

InterVideo Demux (IVIdemxx.ax or IviDemuxX.ax)

I had success with earlier versions (3.0.22, 3.0.44) of this filter (not sure where I got them), however the version that comes with the latest WinDVD Creator 2 (3.0.86) doesn't work (the graph will connect, and it will pretend to play, but there will be no audio or video).

InterVideo Demultiplexer (IVIdemux.ax)

I have had some success with this filter as well, and the one that comes with Creator 2 does seem to work for me

InterVideo Demultiplexer for Sasem (Ividemux_Sasem.ax)

I got this filter from the "FilterSDK" that is part of the installation for Sasem's OnAir HD Editor which can be downloaded here: http://www.sasem.com/english/guest/index.html

The FilterSDK also comes with decoders for Video, AC3, and AAC all from InterVideo. I haven't tried any of the filters except for the Demultiplexer which worked fine for TS files.

The main problem I have with these filters is that I can't get seeking to work consistantly. Sometimes some of the filters would alow seeking on some files (but not others even though some of them were clips from the same program). And sometimes seeking would work, but the timescale would be off (for example reporting a 3min clip as a 10min clip). I also had problems with Zplayer crashing when trying to create filtergraphs using these filters, but only sometimes and on some files but not others. Media Player Classic turned out to be much more stable for playing around with these filters.

For those using Zplayer, this mediagraph might be helpful.

//ts.mediagraph

// Graph for decoding MPEG2 Transport Streams using the WinDVD filters

# Create our Filters

LoadFilter({79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767},Default DirectSound Device)

LoadFilter({6BC1CFFA-8FC1-4261-AC22-CFB4CC38DB50},Video Renderer)

LoadFilter({7E2E0DC1-31FD-11D2-9C21-00104B3801F6},InterVideo Audio Decoder)

LoadFilter({0246CA20-776D-11D2-8010-00104B9B8592},InterVideo Video Decoder)

LoadFilter({317DDB73-870E-11D3-9C32-00104B3801F7},InterVideo Demultiplexer)

#LoadFilter({A447E446-99B5-4B3C-BBBB-C75387860705},InterVideo Demultiplexer for Sasem)

LoadFilter({E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770},Source File)

# Assign the user selected filename to the source filter,

# "" is translated to the actual file name automatically.

SetFilterFileName(Source File,)

# Connect a source file to the WinDVD Demultiplexer (Audio/Video Splitter)

ConnectPin(Source File,Output,InterVideo Demultiplexer,Input)

#ConnectPin(Source File,Output,InterVideo Demultiplexer for Sasem,Input)

# Connect the InterVideo MPEG2 Demultiplexer to the InterVideo Audio Decoder

ConnectPin(InterVideo Demultiplexer,Audio,InterVideo Audio Decoder,In)

#ConnectPin(InterVideo Demultiplexer for Sasem,Audio,InterVideo Audio Decoder,In)

# Connect the InterVideo Audio Decoder to the Audio Renderer

ConnectPin(InterVideo Audio Decoder,Out,Default DirectSound Device,Audio Input pin (rendered))

# Connect the InterVideo MPEG2 Demultiplexer to the InterVideo Video Decoder

ConnectPin(InterVideo Demultiplexer,Video,InterVideo Video Decoder,Video Input)

#ConnectPin(InterVideo Demultiplexer for Sasem,Video,InterVideo Video Decoder,Video Input)

# Connect the InterVideo Video Decoder to the Video Renderer

ConnectPin(InterVideo Video Decoder,Video Output,Video Renderer,VMR Input0)

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has anyone foudn a demuxer that allows one to select which streams to encode? For example, ABC is currently 720p on video/audio1 and 480i on video/audio2. Unfortunately, the elcard stuff is defaulting to #2!!!!

Also I cannot get a GRF file to load into WME9

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Garyt - WHICH decoder? There are at least 25 of them :) Can you give me the version number of your demuxer that actually works?

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Intervideo Decoder that I have loaded on my system currently allows selection of the PIDS also.

It is labeled Intervideo Demultiplexer for Sasem. I believe it was loaded when I installed the demo version of the Sasem OnAir HD Editor. The version # is 3.2.55.0

The thing with this demuxer is it will not connect to the Elecard Video Decoder it only connects to the intervideo video decoder.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
ividemux.ax ver 3.2.55

The Sasem/Intervideo demuxer has the same version number, but I tried it and it would not automatically find the first PID's when you connect a TS file source. It has the same property page, though.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.