AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I imagine this is a long shot, but does anyone know of a way to use the OTA tuner in the Samsung TS160 without inserting a D* access card? I just signed up for the D* HD deal and they sent me a unit with a malfunctioning access card reader. They are replacing (after some hassle), but it won't be here until next week and the SuperBowl is tomorrow!

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do not know if it will work without card but go to Setup: Dish Setting: and tell the unit that you have no dish. I believe the selection is None. The unit will probably reboot then go to Setup: Antenna/Cable to scan in stations.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yep, as edward3132 said.. I stuck the card in w/my ts-160 and selected no dish and was able to setup locals hd over ota, whereas my 1st try I didn't put the card in and tried to set up locals and i couldn't.

Hope i've been some help

·
Registered
152 Posts
Try puting the card in w/o activating it and go to settings as edward said (in case my prior post was confusing)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, but my problem is that the ts160 won't recognize when a card is in the card reader. So, all I get is a message to "Insert Access Card", even when I want to tune in an OTA station. It find's the signal no problem, but won't display without an access card in (or without being able to realize that my d$*& access card is already in).

Oh well, it looks like SD for the SuperBowl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.