AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the newb question, but for those that have done the upgrade in the past few days, is there a discernible difference in the PQ or user-friendliness between the two units? I have the HR10-250 on order and will be using the HDMI-DVI connection (currently using DVI-DVI on the TS360). Also, is there the option to adjust the raster on the picture. I currently have to re-center the picture output on most HD channels when not viewing HD programming.

Just getting a little nervous as I have seen many complaints about the HR10-250's HDMI output and wanting to know what I might be losing. Did a forum search but didn't see much comparing the two units.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
Can't address the HDMI because I'm using component, as far as user-friendliness all I can tell you is that it vastly superior to the Sammy 160.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I have owned an SIR-TS360 and the picture quality was excellent connected by DVI to my XBR910. Unfortunately it was defective and I replaced it with a Hughes HTL-HD which was just as good. I now mostly use an HR10-250 connected by HDMI>DVI on the same XBR910 and believe the picture quality from the HR10-250 is just as good as the HTL-HD which is now sitting in a box.

Chris

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
One big difference, IMO, on the 360 you can simultaneusly output HD over component and HDMI - the HR10-250 is limited to one output with HD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.