AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is just a quick follow up, while I was originally taken with the jamos (they do sound very nice) after more extensive testing and speaker placement changes i have changed my mind. The Tsc Tsbs are simply amazing and tit for tat sound sweeter and silkier than the jamos, i am using an onkyo receiver with a psb subwoofer (8 inch). For 79 bucks you cant go wrong with the jamos but at 79 vs 79 bucks (what I paid for the tsc tsbs on liquidaiton) the tsc is just a better built better sounding speaker (albeit not as good looking). Sorry for the flip flop

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
Nothing to be sorry for...

What you have also shown is speaker placement is a big factor in determining one's preference. Room treatments, carpeting, rugs, floors etc also are a big factor affecting the acoustics.

Where are the speakers placed now vs where they were before when you thought the C401's were better?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The speakers were moved to the opposite wall in a basement theater, the original wall is flanked by two inner walls on each side somewhat like a little nook or cave, to be honest the tsc sounded better aftere adjusting the volume on the jamos because of efficincy there as well. I simply wanted to belive the jamos sounded better as there size finsh were what I desired, but I couldnt argue with the gap in sound quality. They are a great buy for 79 bucks and if i needed to build a home theater id start there on a budget. For 2 channel there simply not as good so I have to stick with a speaker company who is no defunct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts