AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i have a couple of questions to help me on my way in backing up my blu-ray movies.

First off do i need to change the FPS to 25fps?

when i took out the 5.1 surround TsMuxer goes through fine, i left in:
"AC3 bitrate: 192kbps sample rate: 48khz channels 2"

now there are 2 of these in there? i do want 5.1 digital surround but what is the channels 2? also there is:
"PGS presentation graphics stream #0" there are 2 of these #0 and #1 what are these?

When i changed the video output to DTS-HD (i took out the channels 2) and ticked
"downconvert DTS-HD to DTS" at 96.6% i get an error message:
"reading buffer overflow. possible container streams are not synchronized. please verify stream fps."

does anyone know why?

I do not have a hd av receiver so i cant play hd surround but this would downconvert to normal DTS like it says?

last bit:

on the out put section in tsmuxer i was told to use m2ts, but you guys/girls are saying use "create blu-ray disc" whats the difference? also i'm stuck on the burning part, i know how to create a iso image using imgburn, but again some of you are saying no to this? i want the best out come visually and audio possible so whats the best way of getting this?

I was told iso file then nero to burn? but imgburn can burn iso files why not use this?

thanks for your help (if i get any)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on, some one will know some of my questions?
1, do i need to change fps to 25fps?
2, do i need to keep in DTS-HD and tick "downconvert DTS-HD to DTS" to get 5.1 surround?

and if you know the answers to my other question feel free to tell me why?

thanks..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have never had any luck with dts-hd in tsmuxer. I separate the audio from video stream in tsmuxer, and then load the .dts file in eac3to gui (google it to learn how to use it). This converts the audio to .ac3 5.1 channel. Then I load the separated video stream and the .ac3 audio stream back into tsmuxer and remux to .m2ts.

When you choose the output to be bluray disk, tsmuxer creates all the folders you need so that you can burn the folder to a bluray disk and play this disk on a bluray player. You could also burn this to dvd or dvd+R DL if the file size would fit.

What you do with your streams depends on what you want to do with the video. Do you want to play the video on your pc? Stream to a ps3 or xbox? Stream to a mediaserver like popcorn hour?

Me personally, I convert my movies so that I can play to a ps3 through my network windows home server. It took me alot of reading these forums to find a process that works for me. For me the things that work are to downconvert the hd audio track to .ac3 5.1 audio and then remux into .m2ts file. Tsmuxer seems to work for me if I need to downconvert HD-Audio, but if I need the audio track for dts-hd I need to run through eac3to gui. Whenever I choose the .ac3 file in tsmuxer from the rip, the audio is usually the commentary audio, so downconverting the audio from the hd source file gives me the correct audio. Once I have the .m2ts, I put the file on my server and then play on the ps3. These files are over 20Gb, but I have lots of storage.

The only problem in all of this for me is that the ps3 will not play the .m2ts file if the video was encoded in vc-1 format. To get around this, I use ripbot to convert the video to .h264 in a .mkv container. This takes like 7-10 hours. Then I take the .mkv converted video and input into tsmuxer and the demux into a .m2ts file which will play on my ps3.

Some people will convert all there video to .h264 because the file size is smaller than unconverted video.

I am sure there are easier things to do in my situation, but this works for me so far.

As to the other things you asked about, I don't really have an answer for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.