Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TSN-HD.

Awsome picture...absolutely no compression artifacts as with CBS and ABC football games. Hats off to TSN. WELL DONE!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Last nights game looked very good........curious that they chose 2 Ti-cat games for their HDTV efforts thus far........even HDTV doesn't make the Ti-cats watchable:(

·
Registered
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gregoire
Last nights game looked very good........curious that they chose 2 Ti-cat games for their HDTV efforts thus far........even HDTV doesn't make the Ti-cats watchable:(
LOL , Also the indoor stadium doesn't look very good, they should do an outdoor game in Montreal.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheRedknight
LOL , Also the indoor stadium doesn't look very good, they should do an outdoor game in Montreal.
They are!

Sunday Sept, 21

1:00 PM Wendy's CFL Live: Saskatchewan @ Montreal http://www.tsn.ca/images/icons/tsn-hd.gif

And I agree, the two CFL games have been some of the best HD i've seen. the first game outside in Hamilton looked incredible!

-Sp

·
Registered
333 Posts
Any reason why it looks so much better than ABC , CBS and ESPN?

Is it strictly lack of compression at TSN's end?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Could it possibly be better/newer equipment?

I would think that since things are so new, 6 months or a year could make a difference in quality.

How do TSN's telecasts of the ESPN games compare to ESPN on D*? If they're better, then it would seem to be strictly compression.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
It just depends too on how many different sources you're comparing some of this stuff to. I dont get TSN-HD on Bev anymore so I dont have a comment on how it might look but theres no question that the Network feeds on Bev have some issues right now with over compression (or *something*). Thats at least one reason why the CBS and ABC HD games dont look so hot on those channels. But you wouldnt necessarily know whether it was an ABC/CBS problem or a Bev problem if you didnt have access to those same Network feeds via over the air as well, for example.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're right. I'm thought bell had to pass through source material without any compression.

I'm sure I read that...but then again, I could be wrong. I am certain TSN is not overly compressed and it's 720p.

Perhaps someone can monitor the feed during thier next game and check how much bandwidth they transmit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.