AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just took a look and TSN-HD is now on channel 278 on rogers. molson cup 9-ball is in HDTV 16:9. looks sweet. no sign of DIS-HD yet. if only they'd give me something better than the 3100HD to watch it with.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Great news! Thanks for the heads up.

Now the question is, can Sportsnet HD on EVU be far behind?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, at least they've formally announced they are getting them. I would expect by the end of this month. They did say in the coming weeks. Be Patient. Its probably just technical issues, and they have to install the necessary equipment which takes time.

·
Registered
180 Posts
DIS-HD has been, to date, a total waste of bandwidth. I have seen lots of up-converted 16:9 stuff, but nothing in HD. I'm unsure why the 16:9 stuff hasn't been shown in HD...... the whole thing seems to be an exercise in stupidity thus far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree they could do more but they're just getting started in a relatively small market. They're showing all Sunday Night Football every Sunday. They're also having a CFL game tomorrow (Sask vs Mtl). I think when they start broadcasting hockey in HD people will start having a lot more interest in TSN-HD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.