AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing this remote, but are their problems with it? I see that there is already a firmware update available at the Phillips site.

I was hoping to see a review of it at RemoteCentral.com, but there is nothing yet.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've been using the 3000 for a couple of weeks now after upgrading from a 2000. I would say it is well worth it, especially since it can be found for $250 and the 2000 really haven't drop in price that much. There are still a few issues such as slow macro execution and inability to edit the far left and right hard buttons, but Philips is promising a fix for these soon. Even with these problems, I absolutely love the additional hard buttons and extra screen space.

Jason

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Philips is promising a software (and probably another firmware) update soon to address some of the problems stickman mentioned. There is plenty of information on the Remote Central Pronto NG forum about this, but I find I like it much better than the 2000 I've used. You can also do some nice graphics due to the 16 greyscale levels. Also, don't forget the RF capability and the soon-to-be-available rechargeable battery/docking station.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I did not know aboout the rechargable battery/docking station. That sounds like a good idea. Good to hear that Philips is producing fixes.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Quote:
I did not know aboout the rechargable battery/docking station. That sounds like a good idea. Good to hear that Philips is producing fixes.
the doc was always part of the plan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.