AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the following on the Immersive site and I am getting no respose so I thought I would post here as well.

Quote:
System: ATI 7500, Intel 815 MB w/1.13Ghz, 512MB Ram, Win2k SP2, Audigy EX, Toshiba DVD, TT 1.1.1, DX 8.1

I was using a ATI VE with the 3276 drivers. I was having a few small issues with some software (Aquarium Screen Saver/WinAmp visuals) and read on this site that most were using the 6025 drivers. TT was running great. DTS, great PQ, H/A working. No problems.

I did a clean install to the 6025 drivers. After being prompted about rebooting to solve hardware acceleration, attempts to run TT resulted in BSD or reboots.

I used that as an excuse to upgrade to the 7500. ($100 @ best buy). Did a clean install for the 7500. That solved my BSD but most of my dvds cause TT to lock up at the main menu. DTS DVDs, Whole 9 Yards (DD5..1), etc. Some DVDs played fine.

On "Whole 9 Yards". the first intros play in DD5.1 and look great. BUT.. as soon and the main menu gets to the point of giving you the main options, instead of the normal highlight on PLAY, TT simply freezes.

Tried reinstalling the Audigy. No luck. If I reinstall the Ravisent Decoders (2 reboots, deleting the COMMON folder, verify registry) the DVD will work until I set it for SPDIF output. Then the menu locks and the only way to get it back is to reinstall the rasivent and use default audio setup.

So.. I did a clean format and reinstall of win2k. SAME SITUATION.

There are no other players installed. I did not install ANYTHING ATI except the drivers. (No player/no MM)

TT is giving me the 7 day warning and wont accept my Code but I will resolve that once email is installed.

I have been working as a tech/programmer since Wndows 1.02. Nothing has changed except for the 6025 drivers as far as board locations, etc. I can't play any DTS DVDs since TT locks on the DTS question.

The Audgy is set right (Digital Output Only/Unchecked "Decode DTS"). Using "The whole 9 yards", I can 'fool' the player by getting past the menu after a clean install of the ravisent.. setting the SPDIF option.. exiting.. and then chosing to resume playback. DD5.1, great PQ.. everything is great. Try the menu again... LOCK.

BIOS has been updated on the MB. I have tried the UDP (?? regedit changing it from 4 to 0) option on the DVD as well.

What am I missing. I just knew the clean install of win2k would fix this.

Any suggestions appreciated. I have spent the past 5 nights tying to get this thing to work. Talk about loosing some major footing on "wife acceptability".

It's 5:55am. Have to be at work in 4 hours.

Can someone tell what I should look for in the registry or anything else to try? I wont go back to the old drivers. I will go PowerDVD (blech!) instead.

[Note: On the fresh install.. I did not apply the 1.2 patch since I see some are having issues. Before the fresh install.. PowerDVD worked fine throughout the whole mess. I have not installed it on the new OS]

TIA!!

Scott
I am thinking about doing another install and turning off ACPI but all of this worked before going to the 6025 drivers.

Does anyone here know what the TT program does when it does the reboot beyond setting DxVA to 0? Has anyone had similar issue with ATI?

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have spent about 45 hours on this in the last 5 days and have gotten nowhere. :(

Man I'm tried. Should I just drop TT and go with PowerDVD??? :confused:

TIA!!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Smc_r8dr:

___I have been running TheaterTek 1.0.52 – the latest 1.2.0.76 with the 7200’s under Windows Millennium using the 7093’s as well as 2000 Pro SP2 and XP Pro with the 6025’s for quite some time now. All of these builds include either an M-Audio Delta 410, DiO 2496, or AP2496 on various Intel/SiS chipsets/boards without incident. I am not installing the multimedia portion of the 6025’s when it asks but just the drivers in the custom install mode and I highly recommend that you do the same as the less installed, the better when trouble shooting … The item that may be causing problems is the Audigy under 2000 but using a Live Value II myself under that OS, I do not see that it effects TheaterTek’s menu stability? Before installing any player, I run a few bench tests to verify a builds abilities and one that I find key is HD Tach. It will show you a problem with IDE transfers as well as CPU utilization for said transfers. With this one quick bench, I can at least remove any possibility of a MB driver not being installed properly or a drive not being recognized properly or even simply acting up. What about the Audigy’s drivers? Are you using the Windows 2000 specific 1/21/2002 release or just something from the included driver CD? I hope you are simply installing the driver itself and not all the other garbage SW the card comes with. You really should kill all of the Creative superfluous SW if in fact you are installing it. You have probably already done this but with BSOD’s after the 6025 install, I suspect that the driver install is where the problem lye’s as you do yourself. Don’t install the 3276’s from initial install but the 6025’s directly. How about launching TheaterTek without a disc in the drive? Does the Immersive screen come up with the ability to get into the configuration screen? If so, change the audio output to 48 KHz and than see if that helps. I am really grasping at straws because it could be anything. You have not proved the HTPC to be stable with just the 6025’s running anything else and until you do, you will not know if it’s a TheaterTek interaction or a simple HW/Driver issue. How about PowerDVD or WinDVD causing similar problems? I see you installed a Win-TV as well? Why not pull that guy out and see if you are having similar issues. I have seen a Hauppauge PVR-PCI card have problems under 2000 but not Millennium or XP so there is another possible problem/conflict to remove from your build.

___I wish you the best but having run TheaterTek with similar and dissimilar configurations (except for the Audigy), I have not seen TheaterTek causing problems like the one you are having. Do you have another sound card to try? Just another grasp …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
996 Posts
Try turning off hardware acceleration.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Wayne!!

You steered me in the right direction. :D

I went to the intel site looking for a utility for checking the ATA devices and found a writeup that was news to me. It is vital that you install the Chipset Software Utility and their ATA Storage Driver. This is a great link for anyone who has a 815 board: http://support.intel.com/support/mot...2/inffirst.htm

I did also follow your recomendation and did not install the multimedia files under the 6025 installation. Thanks for that tip! I was doing pretty much everything else in your post already. I did not need to remove any boards, etc. All those had been 'playing nice' before and are now working great again.

I am back up and better than ever! Thanks again for your help! :)

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.