Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

Forgive me if these questions have been answered but there are so many posts for these two things that it's tough to find an answer:

TT Player:

1) Who is the company?

2) Do they have a website?

3) what about past products that would give an indication of the quality of their work?

Both TT Player and PowerDVD:

1) do they take full advantage of the radeon hardware acceleration for dvd playback?

2) are they even available? I see lots of posts from people who seem like they have used these products but I can't find where to buy them.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.....

Really could use an answer.

So many threads have such technical posts that its tough to sort out

·
Registered
653 Posts
Like you, I just read this forum but this is what I've surmised:

1) Immersive Inc. is the company releasing the TheaterTek Player. It is a new company and is basically run by Alan Gouger, Tom Strade, and probably others who also help run this forum.

2) Their website is apparently under construction. You can be sure they are reputable, however, because they really are the people who run this forum and they do a helluva good job.

3) As far as I know they are currently performing SDI upgrades on dvd players. There are probably other projects as well.

1) Yes for the TT Player since it uses essentially the same engine as the ATI Player. It appears to be yes for PowerDVD since I assume the ATI drivers are DXVA compliant and early reports seem to indicate that it does.

2) According to reports I've read, the TT Player should be shipping next week. You can sort of pre-order here . Many beta testers of the TT player are on this forum so they have an early version. PowerDVD XP is supposed to be officially released in early November. Apparently there are some advanced copies floating around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.