AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to go insane trying to get this to work. I have the Dish 5000 box with the HDTV modulator. Went in to the menus on the 5000 and set up HDTV and selected channel 3 output. Plugged the satellite into the box, the antenna into the modulator, and the DTV out into the antenna in on the pany. Put the component outputs from the pany to an Integra 7.1, and that went into an NEC plasma 5000W.

I can get menus on the pany with no problem, but I can't seem to get anything off the antenna, or the Dish network stuff to come through the pany at all. The antenna works fine on the DirecTV box, getting HD happily (as does the DirecTV box, perfectly receiving those two paltry channels we're offered).

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I being a complete bonehead? We haven't even gotten to the point of aiming the satellite perfectly because I can't get the menus from the Dish to come through the pany and my poor husband is tired of climbing ladders.

I'd really appreciate any help or pointers anyone would have.

------------------

Just when you think it's safe, your teenager gets busted for decrypting rot-13.

·
Registered
606 Posts
There is no way to get the Dish menus through the 50.

You have to display the dish5000 menus via a direct composite video connection (or S video) to your display (in addition to the component video connections you have already made. Then you must switch the display between composite in (or Svideo in) for viewing Dish 5000 menus and standard definition programs received by the Dish5000, and the component in to view Panasonic 50 menus and hidef programs received by the Dish 5000.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I had thought I'd gone completely instead of partially insane.

------------------

Just when you think it's safe, your teenager gets busted for decrypting rot-13.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Did you set up a local HD program in the guide of the dish 5000. For example, i set up the dish 5000 to recognize that channel 48 is a local HD broadcast. With the panasonic stb connected to the dish 5000 in the manner described in the HD modulator manual, selecting channel 48 causes an internal relay in the dish 5000 to switch in the panasonic stb.

steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.