AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Panasonic TU-DST52 OTA which is being fed signal from an indoor RCA powered antenna. I only live 8 miles from the antenna farm in Philadelphia. I am having problems with the DST52 dropping the picture and sound recently. I checked the signals and they go from the mid 90's on a lot of the channels to a 0 then back up to 90's then 0. Are these wide fluctuations normal or is the box going bad. I have had this box since August and it never had as many drop outs as it is having now. Seems weird that it would literally go from the 90's to 0 in a matter of a second then back up. When I try moving the antenna around the station may come in in for a bit longer but then it starts up again. I even ran RG6 cable all the way up to the attic three floors up and my reception was worse from the attic then from the first floor.

Is box bad, is antenna bad any thoughts.

I am thinking about trying the megawave antenna but want to be sure about STB first.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds like a multipath problem to me. You may be getting too strong a signal!

I have the same Panny. I can get my local NBC, CBS and ABC fine, but my FOX does the same thing as you describe (only I get no higher than a 70).

I have two other HD receivers, the internal on a Hitachi 51s700 and a Dish 811. They both do the same thing, so I know it's not the Panny.

Try using an non-amplified antenna first.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Shouldn't need an amplified antenna if you're only 8 miles from the antenna farm. If anything the amplification is likely increasing noise in your signal, and not helping one bit.

I'd second Tivo_Al's suggestion to go with a non amplified antenna, such as the Silver Sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.