AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to swapping Component and pc input cables around from the rear of the TU-HDS20 to the

Panasonic Plasma and now I cant get satellite channels back!

Sig level on Sat 101 is still 95% and Sat 119 is 85% but all the receiver lets me see is local channels.

when I select Sat channels 100 or any channels the receiver goes to 'Searching for Sat signal' for a second then into the 'acquiring data' mode but then nothing happens...the data block never acquires anything????

Has anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
A couple of things could be happening - signal strength may not be a good indicator - may have a satellite problem - downloading the guide - it happens occassionally. Pull the plug on the tuner - let it seat for a minute - replug- it will reset itself and problem more than likely will go away.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom,

Tried the unplugging reset...same problem....strange as just before I lost everything All channels were fine....now it sees no guide or satellite info at all even though it acquires the satellite signal immediately...Is there a hard reset procedure I wonder?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unplugging is the hard reset - I would check with Direct TV to see if their is a satellite problem - then with Panasonic if DirectTV is not the problem - had this problem a couple of times but always seems to straighten its self out - have you gone into setup and reset the zip code - made sure all that is correct.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No luck yet. cant even get the local channel download to take....says 1980 was last update!!!

BTW...what does the envelope icon with the black 'hole' in the middle mean at the beginning of my post?? Thats happened for the first time since coming to the new forum location.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just tried to reacquire the guide - something going on with the satellite - screen went blank - pushed 501 on the remote and reacquired and back online

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tom,

Called Panasonic...they were absolutelu no help...especially when I told them I was using two (2) dishes to get HDTV!!! The tech couldn't understand the concept and immediately the trouble was back in my hands for using a "non-standard" arrangement.

They did tell me about another "reset"...

1: remove the smart card

2: press the 'power' and

down arrow' buttons on the receiver simultaneously and hold for 5 seconds

3: turn receiver back on

4: reinsert the smart card

NOW. HERE IS WHAT 'FIXED' THE PROBLEM

I unplugged the unit and left it unplugged overnight. when I plugged it back in the next AM...VIOLA.... data acquired and all is well in the Northland!:D

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
the black dot means you have a post in that topic.

I have found that the rca DTC-100 sometimes requires re-setting...you always have to wait a few minutes before plugging it back in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.