AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an updated unit and I have a similar issue with WGN-DT (19-1) in Chicago. If I tune to 9-1 (the correct mapping), I get the correct guide information but no picture (but the LED inside the box that lights up when it acquires an ATSC pilot is lit). If I select 19-1 I get the picture, but no guide information (or station ID).

Rescans, Reboots etc., no change. I'm living with it.

Regards,

Alex Hirsbrunner

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got a tu-hds20, and I noticed that it was manufactured in Feb 2001. I am using it for OTA only. It worked fine out of the box, then it quit picking up DTV from PBS in Louisville.

I got ahold of the chief tech for KET, and he was terrific, actually going on-line and changing their feeds around until I reacquire the signals. HD looked great on my Elite 510. Here's he question however. The tech said that the reason that I had lost signal is that he had changed translation tables, and that the change should not have given me a problem. He was going to work on his end to understand why, but I am concerned that I have a "dated" unit, and that one of more recent manufacture would have improved compatibility.

Any feedback??

Thanks, Chris Dugger

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cdugger:
I just got a tu-hds20, and I noticed that it was manufactured in Feb 2001. I am using it for OTA only.
There are some hardware mods that came about during July/August.. fan noise and video dropout issues were fixed. There was a thread discussing shipping earlier units back to the factory for the mods. I just bought one myself last week and it had a Sept 2001 mfr date and included the mods.

-Bob-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.