AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a TU-DST51 just south west of Boston. I am using a silver sensor antenna which works great on all channels except WBZ which is our local CBS affiliate. Not coincidentally I don't think, it is also broadcasting at the highest power of the local stations. I do believe Multipath is my curse. A recent home theater mag pronounced the HDS20 as the best at handling multipath. Anyone have any experience with this system in a multipath environment? I don't want to spend another 800 dollars if it will not improve my situation. The directv portion of the system is irrelevant as I don't have line of sight to that part of the sky? OTA is all I care about at the moment? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I have the TU-HDS20, but I don't have access to OTA HDTV, so I can't help. I do suggest that if you decide to go for this STB, you buy it somewhere that you have return privileges. There really is no way to know if this is going to improve your situation unless you test it in your environment.

------------------

Steve

Visit our dedicated home theater, The City Cinema.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I suggest you do a site search for the reveiws on this unit. Many pros and CONS have been discussed. It has been reported that Panasonic (via Ken Ross) requires an 85% signal strength for reception.

I own this unit (2 months) and receive all signals from NYC (approx 50 miles) without problem. Before you get excited, I seem to be the exception to the rule. Take a look, there is alot of information about this unit out there. I love the unit but am clearly in the minority.

Gebstr83

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.