AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked up my new HDS20 on 10-3-01 and there are evenly spaced red and or green vertical lines across the screen. Let me start by telling you guys that it is not hooked up to a Progressive Scan video display yet. The lines are visible only on video material, and not visible on graphics material (ie.. weather channel local weather stuff, streamers, etc.). They are visible on composite, s and comp video outputs. They are not visible on 199 or 509, so they must me on sat A. What do I look for, bad LNB sat A? Bad multiswitch? I have the multiplexer mounted on the back of the dish with only one cable feed to the house. This cable feed is combined outside with CATV with a Blounder Tongue passive combiner/diplexer and then diplexed behind the TV. Is there any possibility that it is the LNB? Has anyone ever experienced this with thier Panny STB? Please asvise...........

PS Thay seem to be red on bright surfaces (lights on a face) and green on dark areas (shadows under a chin)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same tuner - no problem like that - you should definitely see a change in the guide speed - still not the fastest but definitely better - you may have a bad tuner - have you contacted Panny.

------------------

Tom Stack

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I haven't seen the lines either. I have noticed that the guide is extremely fast unless the content you are watching is 1080i. If the content is 1080i, its just a little faster than before.

--Rick

------------------

HT Setup:

Mitsubishi 65905 Widescreen TV

Panasonic TU-HDS20 HDTV Reciever

Sony STR-DE835 DTS Reciever

Hughes GXCEB0T DirecTivo

Toshiba SD6200 Progressive Scan DVD Player

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you guys say fast or faster, do yo mean as fast as say a Sony SAT A55? The Sony I have is super fast and this Panny is still very slow.......

PS Is there any way to have the channel tuned showing while the guide is on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
That going to be a hard one - definitions of fast - my other satellite box is an Sony A50A - guide is faster - TUHD20 is more like a Tivo or Replay changing channels - a little hesitation before changing channels or paging down.

------------------

Tom Stack

·
Registered
51 Posts
Come on. It takes nearly a second to go channel up/down. I feel like everytime I hit a channel, I have to be very deliberate and precise.

I do like other features and would not trade for anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.