AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a panasonic tu-hds20 connected with optical cable with to my receiver. Even when I set the option to output audio as pcm instead of ac3, it continues to output ac3. I want pcm so I can use other sound modes on my receiver other than dplII. Does anyone else have a problem with their unit outputting pcm?

Also, you'd think they'd have some way to convert analog tv audio to pcm, but it doesn't do anything. When watching analog signals on this unit it has no audio through the digital connection.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had this receiver and discovered that the box would not put out a digital signal unless tuned to a DTV ota broadcast. It would not internally convert stereo to digital PCM. My DTC does output analoge via PCM on the digital outputs so both are available through that connection.

This was one of the reasons I got rid of it and kept the DTC 100. My preamp will not autoswitch betwen analogue and digital outs... So channel surfing both analouge and digital broadcasts entailed switching modes all the time via remote. Major PITA for me.

I can't remember if something in the menu had to be set to get digital, but it seems as though it had to be set somewhere...

Hope this helps,

Sean

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I want to use PCM is so I can use my other sound modes on my receiver including logic7 and neo6. If the bitstream is dolby digital 2.0, I can only use prologic II.

This sounds like a bug, since that setting does absolutely nothing. It just outputs dolby digital no matter what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.