AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my plans and the wood and the Pl and i'm gonna start building my Bill Fitzmaurice HT tuba. Updates when i can. Thanks.

First pictures are on the 2nd page! Thanks.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/17558943

Table tuna.

Sounds fishy to me.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice /forum/post/17559310

Sounds fishy to me.

I have a feeling the tuna will get quite a bit of attention lol

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha oops. Corrected. And i cut 2 of the pieces. This 5 ply half inch splinters like crazy!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Excellent! Good luck man! What made you choose the Table?

Went and priced everything I'm gonna need today. My HTH build is soon!

dbl

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pure power of it and the price. And i've never had a built that used a 15". Just seemed interesting and the results i've seen drew my in quick.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
What are you gonna power it with?

dbl

·
Registered
592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/17560229

Haha oops. Corrected. And i cut 2 of the pieces. This 5 ply half inch splinters like crazy!

Use a finer saw blade then it won't splinter at all.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We went down and bought a nice new blade, and it does quite a bit. Even the thin thin jigsaw blade made it splinter. I figure the pl will fill these in so no worries.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/17560279

The pure power of it and the price. And i've never had a built that used a 15". Just seemed interesting and the results i've seen drew my in quick.

The Table Tuba is based on an 8" or 10" driver. Are you building the "Tuba Home Theater"?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes i am. I must have been out of it earlier
I will open another thread. If anyone could close this one it'd be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolt /forum/post/17561115

yes i am. I must have been out of it earlier
i will open another thread. If anyone could close this one it'd be great. Thanks.

o man!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ugh. I think i bought the wrong plywood. I got ccx.. basically its 5 ply half inch but its got one good side.. its not arauco or birch. I allready cut up on of the sheets and part of another.. :/!!!!!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/17561856

Ugh. I think i bought the wrong plywood. I got ccx.. basically its 5 ply half inch but its got one good side.. its not arauco or birch. I allready cut up on of the sheets and part of another.. :/!!!!!

when you were talking of bad splintering and someone else said it should be smooth cutting, then I started reading another HTH build thread and they said it was great to work with I wondered....

sounds like you have my luck!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts

Quote:
I will open another thread.

You can just change the name of this one. Click Edit on the first post, and then Go Advance. Now edit the title box.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
If you have already cut everything out just go ahead and finish it. Consider it a test run. You will be able to build a better enclosure the second time around anyway later on (in a few months, years, whenever...) with what you will learn on this one.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well i'm not that far into it. And i want this to be my last sub build.. for at least a year. So i guess i'll go get the right stuff. What a waste!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I searched around for prices and birch or grade A plywood is 20 bucks more a sheet! Is it worth it. Whats so bad about using the stuff i have?

·
Registered
810 Posts
The 15/32" Arauco plywood at my local Lowes is $22.00 a sheet. I thought that was reasonable .

1 - 20 of 230 Posts