AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on a tube based cd player with volume control. I have a pair of 6packs and B&W DM 604's.

Want something less than 2K, preferably less than 1K.

Want smooth yet dynamic sound that can reach high volume.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
89 Posts
check out jolida jd 100.Got it and sounds pretty good after I changed it tubes to rca command 5751.

·
Registered
22,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana Man /forum/post/0

Looking for suggestions on a tube based cd player with volume control. I have a pair of 6packs and B&W DM 604's.

Want something less than 2K, preferably less than 1K.

Want smooth yet dynamic sound that can reach high volume.

Suggestions?

The Granite Audio 657 retailed for $3K but was recently sold out and discontinued. But it shows up on Audiogon at about $1,800. Its a great sounding tube CD player with remote control and can be connected direct to your amplifiers

with remote volume control.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky /forum/post/0

The Granite Audio 657 retailed for $3K but was recently sold out and discontinued. But it shows up on Audiogon at about $1,800. Its a great sounding tube CD player with remote control and can be connected direct to your amplifiers

with remote volume control.

Thanks Steve. I wonder since it is discontinued though if I can still receive support and replacement parts from Granite. Should I be concerned with this?

Edited: I just read your reviews Steve. Am I reading correctly that this player only plays Redbook cd's?

·
Registered
22,371 Posts
Although it is discontinued my understanding is that Granite Audio has a reasonably supply of replacement parts and takes good care of its customers - of course, as you are buying used there is no warranty and you would have to pay for repair. www.graniteaudio.com

If you contact them (Don) and ask them your questions they will answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.