AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You may be better served finding an entire set with good tubes. I don't think I've ever seen SD187s or 130s as NIB or working pulls.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I sold working pulls about 3 years ago. SD-187.

Look on ebay and see if you can find a SONY 1031q or other 10XX thats uses the SD-187 and pull them. thats going to be the best bet.

Also the 07MS is a direct replacement for the SD187 and is supposed to be brighter and sharper.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
I have a couple new in the box SD 187 sets, I'll sell individually or as a set. More expensive than eBay, but they are sealed in the box.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a label at each CRT on the chassis stating the model, and they are different. Curt - when you say a set of SD187's - do you mean one of each color? Why did sony use 2 different tubes? Should I do the same? I'm also going to PM you.

There is a 1031 on ebay I'll keep an eye on.

Jim

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
130/187/07ms are all interchangeable. 130's are the worst and would not have been stock on that machine, someone used a 130 in that set because it was cheap or maybe they had it laying around but it should have all 187's stock. 130's are dimmer and not as sharp.

I also agree it's really not worth fixing. Just buy a better projector.

However if you refuse to listen to reason I do have a set of pristine 187's if you want to buy a set of three for a very good price.

Troy

·
Registered
13,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person99 /forum/post/0

Unless you find a dirt cheap set, you could probably upgrade your set for not much more with some of the deals that are out there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcCinema /forum/post/0

I also agree it's really not worth fixing. Just buy a better projector.

Troy

I will third this sentiment. Good 8" pjs can be had for next to nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.