AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in another thread about swapping a Barco 180DVB22 into a Marquee, and had anyone successfully done it. Apparently no one had as I did not hear from anyone.

Today I took the step and inserted the 180DVB22 into my Marquee 8500. I had to make a small mod to the neck board but the pj has been running for a couple of hours and all appears fine.

The mod to put the 180DVB22 into the Marquee required moving the G2 line to pin 6. Pin 6 and 7 on the Marquee NB are tied to ground via a 330K ohm resister. I disconnected one side of the resister and created a connector to slid over pin 6 and attach to the G2 wire. To reinstall a 180DMB22 I just remove the jumper and reattach the resister.

Looks like my 8500 has been resurrected.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Yes please add the note to the infinite wisdom of the board that you must lift ground from pin 6 on a marquee neck board before using barco tubes in it.

I don't think good things would happen if pin 6 was grounded and g2 was shorted to it.

Troy

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Note: PLEASE REMOVE THE GROUND BEFORE APPLYING POWER. Simply disconnect one end of the resistor and good to go.

Hows that pccinema??

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
:) That would do it, if the search function worked all the time. I swear there's something wrong with searching here. I know from memory many many thread titles and then I go to search when I need the details and nada...

I think this needs to be linked to the original swap thread.

Troy

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
It's grounded through 330K though. Possibly the worst thing that could happen is you'd lose a night's sleep because you knew you didn't take it out. :)

Cary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.