AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the thread about swapping Marquee tubes into a Barco with success. Has anyone done the reverse?????

The reason I ask is that I just got a used replacement red tube for my Marquee 8500 and it appears to be shorted. With it connected, HV sqeal from green tube, not output from green. With it disconnected, green and blue work fine so It looks like its shorted. I am getting a Barco tube to replace it (180DVB22).

I know from reading the other thread that its just jumpering the G2 line from pin 2 to pin 6.

Has anyone successfully put the Barco tube in their Marquee??? Looking at the neck board its hard to tell which is pin 2 and 6.

Also, is the small white wire on the Marquee neck board that attaches to a pin on the tube the G2 lead???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP:}

Any Marquee guys out there that have done this???? How about the Marquee guys on the small white wire that connects to a pin on the tube- is this pin 2 for G2????

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say Tony

Yup, that is G2, 600-700 volts. Barco has the G2 on another pin for 180DVBs, not sure which or if it is safe to try a Barco tube with a Marquee neck board.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thata what I thought when I looked closely at the neck board schematic.

TIm - on the Marquee neck board, pins 6 & 7 are tied to ground thru a resistor. Those pins are not connected in the tube to anything. Any idea why the neck board would have those pins tied to ground??? Posssibly to route any stray volts away from the tube??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.