AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone of you experience replacing those tubes on your projector? I got the sony VPH-1042Q and need some guidance to replace the RGB tubes. Can any experience user provide step by step guidance? Start from removing the first screw until getting a right image on screen. Best if there is some picture together with the explanation, hope I am not asking too much.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
There are a few guys on this forum that can expalin it in detail. You might even be able to do a search because its been explained many times in the past. Since they redid the system I dont know if you will be able to find it though.

I have a 1031Q with new CRT's so I have never had to pull the tubes.

I can tell you this though, you have to start by pulling off the lense block. Take off all the plastic covers and the front plastic that has the 3 holes cut out so the lenses go through. Now you have the lenses pretty much exposed. You can see where the lenses are mounted to a metal housing that fits over the tube faces. This is the lense block assembly on these units. If you look on the top and sides of this housing you will see a few screws. 2 on each side and 2 on top. You have to also remove the fan board since it is screwed to the lense block to. Carefully remove the screws and gently pull the lense up and outward. It should remove easily.

Now, with the lenses removed you will see the CRT Faces. I have gone this far to clean the lenses and the tube faces but never further then this. I beleive there are 4 screws / nuts around each CRT face and this is what holds the tube in place. I WOULD NOT loosen them until I had the entire tube accessable. On the 1031Q there are a pile of circut board in the way and I am not sure if the 1040's are the same. If you can, flip the boards up out of the way, some of them might be on hinges, if not they must be removed altogether. Until you can see the tube neck and neck board I would not try to loosen the mounting screws because if the tube falls back into the unit it will more then likly break or break the neck board.

Lets get CURT PALME in here or KBK or another experianced tech thats done this before. I have not had the chance to retube a projector yet or even thought about doing it myself in the first place.

This though will help you get ready for the hard part any way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.