AVS Forum banner

2661 - 2680 of 3894 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
ESPNHD blackout on Cox.

Anyone know why ESPNHD is currently blacked out? It's showing on ESPN fine. I called Cox and there was a recording saying they were sorry or something like that.

I'm just hoping the Tenn-Cal game is in HD tonight or I'll be quite upset.

Oh it's back. Not sure what the deal with that was.

Edit: The game I want is on ABC, ESPN is working well. All is good

·
Registered
252 Posts
I also noticed this when the UGA vs OKSt game was not on ESPN2HD. The Nevada vs Nebraska game ran late so they started the UGA game on ESPN for some reason ESPN HD was on blackout. So I had to watch on SD until the other game wrapped up then switched back to ESPN2HD. No idea why ESPN HD was blacked out maybe 1st week jitters?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Email from KVOA:

While Directv is very circumspect about their launches...a couple of

sources indicate Tucson should be on the launch...and we had heard mid

September.

Again, to put in perspective...nothing directly from the satellite

provider...however, we are hopeful.

Thanks for your interest.

Gary Nielsen

President and General Manager

KVOA

NEWS 4 Tucson

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 4:31 PM

To: Gary Nielsen

Subject: Contact Us - Request

EmailTo: , [email protected]

FormName: Contact Us

Directv is launching numerous HD channels and I was wondering if KVOA

was

going to be included in their list of HD locals available on satellite.

Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
I believe the first satellite is intended for National HD. The second bird is going up in a few months and is listed as capable of 1500 local HD channels. A bit more patience, but we'll get there soon enough.

I've seen the Phoenix HD locals delivered through DirecTV and, I've gotta tell you, the picture quality is outstanding.

·
Registered
493 Posts

Quote:
I've seen the Phoenix HD locals delivered through DirecTV and, I've gotta tell you, the picture quality is outstanding.

As you know, I am living proof that it is!!! I love it, plus their HR20 DVR, which they seem to have all the bugs fixed now.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyfries /forum/post/11495240

Unfortunately, I think we are all getting used to this ineptitude from KOLD. The only show I've watch much on KOLD this summer has been Big Brother. And throughout those recordings there are many glitches. I was going to switch the recorder to OTA instead of QAM, but my wife said it was the same one night when she watched it live, which we use the antenna for.

Thanks for the confirmation. It's funny that they seem to have improved almost immediately after my post
. Except for some audio dropouts last night it was going quite well. I just hope they can get it to near 100% before the new lineup starts!

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Comcast QAM channels listed in post #2 are out of date. Below is what I am currently receiving (excluding duplicate and junk channels). The local stations all have an HD and SD channel with duplicate content, so I only included the HD channel.

I apologize for the format. You can copy the text and save it as a .csv file and open it in Excel if you like. I've also attached a PDF version which includes all the music channels. I hope others find this helpful. Please let me know if you see any errors or omissions.

Chan,Name,Mode

4-1,NBC (KVOA),1080

9-1,ABC (KGUN),720

87-1,MyTV (KTTU),1080

87-2,PBS-DT (KUAT),1080

88-1,Fox (KMSB),720

88-2,CBS (KOLD),1080

88-3,The Tube,480

88-4,Weather,480

98-4,PBS-DT1,480

114-5,CW (KWBA),1080

116-1,ESPN News,480

116-2,ESPN Classic,480

116-3,CSPN3,480

116-5,Lifetime Movie,480

120-1,PBS-DT2 Kids,480

120-2,PBS-DT4 Create,480

120-3,PBS-DT3,480

129-2,Mojo,1080

132-9,Showtime Beyond,480

==========================

NOTE: As of late Sept, the info in this post is already out of date. Search for later posts for updated info.

Comcast digital channel guide.pdf 10.4052734375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,668
Thanks for the info Spocko.

I updated post #2 and also added the other free HD channels since we were getting away from local HD anyway. Just couldn't change the title.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I understand they are installing an HD transmitter on Tummeroc hill. Has anyone heard any rumblings as to when it might crank up?

·
Registered
205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gworkman /forum/post/11546540

I believe the first satellite is intended for National HD. The second bird is going up in a few months and is listed as capable of 1500 local HD channels. A bit more patience, but we'll get there soon enough.

i have to agree.. i would be very surpised if D* turned on any more hd locals this year, but also very happy if they did turn tucson on..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone using Tucson Comcast limited basic with TIVO HD? I am curious if I will get the run around asking for cablecards and downgrading my service from Comcast. I have seen posts in other markets saying comcast is doing this but it is not always easy.

I just want a DVR and local QAM channels. I figure I will save about $700 a year going down this path. Comcast in its inflexability will not offer HD DVR with limited basic. They loose. There are more upfront costs but even with the Tivo subscription it saves money in the long run.

I can't continue paying $120 a month for cable and internet. I may be a minority in this group but I find that cable is basically 100+ channels with nothing on.

Cheers All

·
Registered
21 Posts
wsahd: I do not think you will need the cable card for local HD channels. I used to live in a Comcast service area and had a HD TV with QUAM tunner and cable card. After I had the cable card removed I was still able to get Bacic cable and the local HD channels.

All that I lost was the premium HD channels and the SD digital channels.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSanora /forum/post/11587576

wsahd: I do not think you will need the cable card for local HD channels.

That is correct. Local channels are available on Comcast in HD via a QAM tuner, even without a cable card or "digital" cable subscription. I don' t know if this will always be true, but at this time it is. I currently have the "expanded basic" analog subscription, but I am able to get local channels in HD via the QAM tuner in my TV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am seeing two 4-1 channels, duplicate 13-1,-2,-3, and doubles of 6-x channels on the guide. I have Directv with an OTA antenna. Without pulling my OTA anntenna (because I don't want to lose 11-1 due to football). Is Directv providing HD locals?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well my excitement may have been short lived. I can't duplicate the channel guide (multiple HD channels) on my second receiver. May have messed something up by setting up the antenna on my primary receiver.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tucson locals are definitely not here (yet). Even when they do show up, they will not be listed as a 13.1, 13.2, 13.3 setup. They typically only deliver the main channel and it will be listed with the call letters, not the channel number. Must have been one of those flukes with the equipment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey gang, I upgraded my Directv hr-10 to an hr-20 700 yesterday, and now I am able to get the 9 and 13 digitals. Woo hoo! -RP

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been getting the QAM signals for 2+ years now and they just quite working last weekend (16 Sept). Has anyone else noticed this? I called the local comcast customer (no)service number and the lady there was clueless saying that they were not part of the service. I called an "inside" guy I have dealt with before and I'll see what happens.

I'm in 85742

Jim

2661 - 2680 of 3894 Posts