AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly Tuesday night has become overwhelmed with some great shows. My two showstoppers can't keep up. I may have to wire up my VCR's (UGH!!!!).

Spin City, Buffy, NYPD Blue, Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Roswell just to name a few.

Even the L. A. Times had an article about the Tuesday night quality.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
yeah i just hooked up the vcr to deal with this mess - my first triple conflict: frasier vs 24 vs smallville

is smallville any good ?? i've recorded all 3 eps but have yet to watch any of them

24 better be good after the phenomanal reviews it received

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Too many good shows, but I'm only recording Buffy and Roswell and I'm not watching anything live. I refuse to watch Gilmore or Smallsville, in fact, I'm watching very little of the WB now days.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Gee, all those good shows on Tuesday night and no one even mentioned NOVA or Scientific American Frontiers. In light of recent developments the Nova episode was very timely and dealt with the Russian fingers still poised on the nuclear trigger. Haven't watched the Scientific American Frontiers yet, but it's usually high quality stuff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, Smallville is a very good show. Don't discount it just because it's on the WB. Don't forget where Buffy started.

I too have my VCR doing double duty. It's working overtime on Tuesday for Buffy and 24 (can't miss FarScape and Smallville), along with Sunday for Band of Brothers ( I can't miss the entire Fox lineup on Sunday).

Set your Replays , or VCRs ;) , for the Season Premier of X-Files this Sunday!!

-mitch

·
Registered
849 Posts
Uh, folks, 24 is NOT a conflict as it's repeated four times during the week between Fox and FX. Just record one of the other airings instead of the crowded Tuesdays.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Awful funny definition of either "plethora" or "good" in use here.

Well, Tuesday was Nova night, although those'll rerun a bazillion times over the course of the week. Some conflict with "24" which is also going to be rerun a bazillion times over the course of the week.

Tuesday night's still pretty dead from where I sit.

Now, tonight... oh, some stuff's been preempted?

Keep this crap up, and I won't need three replays after all...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, Tuesdays are pretty busy. For me, though, the problem is Monday at 8:00 P.M. Central.
  1. Everybody loves Raymond on CBS
  2. Angel on the WB
  3. Ally McBeal on Fox
  4. Monday Night Football on ABC
  5. Billiards on ESPN2 (Usually. I love 9-ball!)[/list=1]

Thank goodness they moved The Weakest Link to 7:00 Central, or I'd just miss everything.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I used my VCR for the first time in a long time. My conflict was with JAG, The Simpsons, and Farscape. My 501 and replaytv could only handle two. And since my locals don't come over the dish, my 501 is useless for recording JAG, Simpsons, Smallville, and yes, I recorded 24 last night. Why not? I had my vcr already in place.

I had forgotten how crappy it is to watch stuff from a VCR.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Quote:
The Weakest Link
Uggh... how can you watch that show? :) It's like they had this concept of a 30 minute game show. But Millionaire is an hour, so they stretch it with interviews of each contestant and mindless bantor about why they voted Joe off...

Why can't they be like every other good game show - you tell your name and 5 seconds about yourself and get on with the game.

And if one more person yells BANK when they are on the first question in the chain... :D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Ugh, how can you watch any of those Monday/Tuesday night shows?

Ok, 24 was ok. Nova's always good, but that's about it.

Me, I've been living off the History Channel on Mondays and Tuesdays. Last night's "Patent Files" was almost an effective use of a hour of cable tv slot. Last week's History of England, Part II was much more worthwhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.