AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HTPC has an ATI 650 Tuner Card installed in it and I presently only use it for OTA TV with my Antenna going into the Digital IN [upper connection]; I see that the lower Coaxial INPUT is for Analog INPUT.

Can someone PLEASE tell me IF/when I go back to Cable....how/what do you connect so the Cable is going through the HTPC and it's Tuner Card so I can still use my DVR abilities? I have been studying [what I can find] Cable's HD Receivers to see if any ot them have Cable IN and a Cable OUT but it does not look like it......ONLY Cable/coaxial IN. I do see on the back of one Cable Receiver that i looked at an R/F OUT [I believe] that goes to like a VCR etc..............would that be what I would run to the digital INPUT on my Tuner CArd????

TKS michael

·
Registered
453 Posts
You can do the QAM channels. But those are mostly just local channel from what I understand. Other have added cable card slot devices to their computers. Here is a good link for that. Mooner has a good walkthrough.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=16925066

When you are ready (if ever) to switch back to cable, plug it in and give it a whirl. If that doesn;t cut it, go for the cable card idea.

·
Registered
912 Posts
No. The analog input on your ATI 650 is just what it says, for analog signal only. Just like a vcr tuner from the old days. Assuming your cable provider still carries an analog signal (many still do), you would connect the coax coming from your wall outlet straight to this jack on your card. The ATI built-in tuner would then be able to scan and receive all analog channels (usually channels 78 and below as in an extended standard subscription). This means no digital channels at all and of course no HD channels at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts