AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to build a HTPC, and currently I don't have cable, and I found a few cards that look good. But I may be getting cable soon, and that requires a cable box. Is there a tuner card that will allow for both? Record the high def signal from the cable box, and also allow for an antenna so when I swap back and forth from cable and not having it I can still use it??

·
Registered
5,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnston7 /forum/post/14238078

I am looking to build a HTPC, and currently I don't have cable, and I found a few cards that look good. But I may be getting cable soon, and that requires a cable box. Is there a tuner card that will allow for both? Record the high def signal from the cable box, and also allow for an antenna so when I swap back and forth from cable and not having it I can still use it??

the ONLY tuner card/box that support capturing HD from a cable box is the Hauppauge HDPVR: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

and because this is a component capture card only, and you want to also do ATSC off the air, you'll need to run two separate tuner cards.

- Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts