AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabolots /forum/post/0

One of my Replay units recently lost the abililty to tune a single channel (48 if is matters). Is this the sign of a dying tuner or is there some other problem?

Scott

OK, this is very weird. This happened to my replay the other day too. 48 is the scifi channel in my area and it couldn't tune it all on Friday. I was busy this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to look into it further.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The tuner is software controlled. If a change occurs (slight freq shift from the cable company, etc) or that particular channel gets "lost" you get the blue screen. Go to the channel in question, power off the replay, remove the coax, turn on the replay and reconnect coax. If that doesn't work connect a channel amp and see if the channel tunes. If it does, you can probably remove the amp and it will still be there.

The first thing to try is channel up, channel down, to the channel in question a few times or entering the channel number directly followed by Enter a few times to see if you can get a new lock.

Happens occasionaly. Usually to one of your fav program new episodes, never to the 10th theme recording of the same show. LOL.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 /forum/post/0

The tuner is software controlled. If a change occurs (slight freq shift from the cable company, etc) or that particular channel gets "lost" you get the blue screen. Go to the channel in question, power off the replay, remove the coax, turn on the replay and reconnect coax. If that doesn't work connect a channel amp and see if the channel tunes. If it does, you can probably remove the amp and it will still be there.

The first thing to try is channel up, channel down, to the channel in question a few times or entering the channel number directly followed by Enter a few times to see if you can get a new lock.

I verified that the channel can still be tuned by my TV which has a direct cable connection (off a 2-way splitter which also feeds the RTV). I tried the channel up/channel down thing with no success. I'll try disconnecting the coax.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabolots /forum/post/0

I verified that the channel can still be tuned by my TV which has a direct cable connection (off a 2-way splitter which also feeds the RTV). I tried the channel up/channel down thing with no success. I'll try disconnecting the coax.

I wonder if clearing your channel guide and then reloading it would do the trick...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.